Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Yep, spoke with Larry who is the owner. Should be an interesting experience.

1 Like

Also, if anyone is looking to scratch the itch outdoors there’s still plenty of room left in the Des Plaines Chili Open.

https://register.desplainesparks.org/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/search.html?Action=Start&SubAction=&quantity=1&begindate=01%2F01%2F2022&enddate=01%2F31%2F2022&keyword=Chili+Open&keywordoption=Match+One&secondarycode=&display=Detail&module=PST&multiselectlist_value=&pstwebsearch_buttonsearch=yes

@McDuffin myself, and a few other sickos will be going off in the 3pm wave.

Mistwood Golf Dome is a pretty good spot, too. TopTracer bays with a ton of courses to choose from, and you get to see 80 yards or so of your ball flight which is nice. Putting is replaced by short wedge shots to determine birdie/par/bogey which has been my favorite version of simulator “putting” so far.

3 Likes

that’s more than half my bag.

8 Likes

Domes are great.

Buffalo Grove and Links and Tees in Addison are my two favorites - still have to get out to the Mistwood one (since they have Top Tracer I believe?)

1 Like

Yeah, Top Tracer is the selling point for Mistwood unless you just so happen to be at Ikea. All of their bays are have Top Tracer and you can reserve them in advance.

There is also a sports bar in the building so you can get food and drinks dropped off at your station.

1 Like

For sure, i forget about the dome even though it’s down the street from me. That’s probably next on my spots to visit, and probably the best place for a small winter gathering.

1 Like

“Staying Good at Mistwood”

Dial it up!

2 Likes

I go to the dome at green garden often. It’s nothing special but it’s an easy commute for me I enjoy getting the shots up at first but find I get bored pretty quick. Still better than nothing. They have a practice green behind the hitting bays that’s pretty weak/wrinkled. A bit of a waste of time.

2 Likes

Anyone ever played Nickol Knoll in Arlington Heights? 9 hole par 3 built on the same hill Walter Payton used to train at. Holes ranging between 105-145 from the tips (and a few extra tees on some holes that stretch to 170ish). Lots of great elevation changes on almost every hole. I think only 3 holes are truly flat tee to green.

Any interest in renting the place out for a day in the summer if they can give us a good price? We could call it the Sweetness Shootout (credit to @baldvinny for the name).

9 Likes

@robcott @TCRBrad got 5iron booked next Tues (1/11) and Thurs (1/13) at noon for 1.5 hours if you want to join. Offer open to anyone. Maybe some breakfast ball planning…

1 Like

Count me in for Tuesday!

1 Like

SUPER fun course. Used to play it in a junior league back in the day.
Yardages don’t hold all that true - as the course has a respectable amount of elevation change to it.
Would make for a really good event course, I give it a slight advantage over Twin Lakes

1 Like

Absolutely! We can find dates and times that work no issue. Saturday or Sunday nights would work best since we do junior camps and high school offseason camps. We can get the whole place for 2 hours for $150. 3 trackman bays. We ordered a new putting mat with puttview and customizable break/undulations in the green so I’ll let you guys know when we get it. Been waiting to post photos until it comes in.

6 Likes

Love this, thanks for the follow up.

If there’s enough interest here, I can work with @Awol on getting this set up. Probably need at least 10 bodies to make this happen.

7 Likes

We’re also BYOB so if you guys wanna bring drinks you’re more than welcome to. Also have TVs if we wanna throw any sports on

5 Likes

I’d like to join as well.

1 Like

I could book that same time next Tues if we want to have 2 bays and any others want to join.

3 Likes

RIP White Pines (unless anyone knows if this has changed? Online makes it seem still closed)

I used BG last year, just wish they’d open earlier.

1 Like

I’ve been playing at https://www.golfunderground.net/ in the Geneva Commons. 6 Trackman bays $40 an hour, $20 1/2. BYOB with a binnys a few storefronts down.

1 Like