Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I did reach out several years ago asking for a twosome for a birthday gift. Did not get a response.

1 Like

In no specific order and strictly opinion based:

BVGC (Minus holes 4, 6, 9 tee shot, and 13)
Cary Country Club (professionally known as Triple C)
Blackstone
McHenry CC
The combination of holes 5, 6, 7, 12, and 14 of Chalet Hills and holes 4, 8, 14, 15, and 17 of Foxford Hills to create Foxlet Hills Golf Course (pronounced faaks-ley)

3 Likes

3 Likes

Only played once but it’s a decent course with some good holes. But also some boring ones, and too many trees…

Insultingly high public greens fees and membership cost tho.

Using satellite technology to get to the bottom of things. Love it.

3 Likes

When it’s in good condition its unreal, public green fees are insanely high for some reason

I also caddied/worked/was a junior member here for like 3 years so there is no bias or anything like that.

1 Like

Top 1 practice area in McHenry County, no doubt.

1 Like

Is this the former CEO of Ticketmasters property? I heard there was an 18 hole course on his property but i could have been wrong.

1 Like

It’s 18 holes, different tee boxes to same greens.

Like you top 5. If expanded to a top 10, Where does Redtail fall on your list? Maybe just give your top 10 :slight_smile:

Redtail is fine, but it’s run poorly. Probably not making the top 10, but slim pickings.

Boulder Ridge
Woodstock
Cary (never been)
Turnberry
McHenry
Crystal Lake (?)

Probably coming in next.

I’ve been a member at MCC the last 4 years. MCC may be the most miss- managed golf course in Mchenry County. Anyone know the backstory of why there is very little relationship with TaylorMade but they are the birthplace of the Metalwood?

1 Like

LOL you really don’t like Mchenry. Pace of play and their practice area has to mean something. If i finish in 4 hours walking i would consider that packed.

1 Like

It’s the member(s), not management holding MCC back.

its also difficult to fix when the “equity members” have lent the club so much $$.

1 Like

100%. Sucks because it could really be something.

Walking distance to Green Street. Course has some fantastic contours out there, just need some of the crusty scraped off.

1 Like

My brother and I were junior members there ($500 a summer for unlimited range and like 25ish rounds I think) from 2014-2017, we caddied there and I briefly worked bag room when I was 16. We were close buddies with the kids of the head pro and would play/practice all the time with the assistants and other junior members. Don’t know the details too well but the club sold the pro shop which let go the pro of 20+ years. As far as Gary Adams, pretty sure he lived in the house behind the right corner of the 3rd green and may have had a falling out with MCC early on because the head pro there always said they sold Ping products out of the shop. I am not a reliable source on this but that is what I know/remember

2 Likes

@cjordan929 coming in hot. Welcome back to the refuge

4 Likes

when you say off of 3 are you referring to the big white house with the pool in the barn? I do remember Scott as the head pro and the funny thing is now they don’t sell Ping at all in the pro shop and have no modern fitting equipment or have anyone to fit you.

1 Like