Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I love playing golf with you gui’s but that seems a bit steep. I am sure I would still pay it though.

I’m with @andrewf. I think the majority of us like to walk or push cart. It’s a bummer they don’t let you do that. I shouldn’t have much of a say though as my July and August weekends are already basically booked up with weddings and vacation time, so it’s doubtful I would even be able to attend a July or August event

Like 90% would want to walk, especially at Schaumburg. Having to pay for the cart will be irritating.

Emailing back and forth about a weekday time slot. Seems like the only way we get a weekend time is with carts.

I get their their position, the majority of weekend golfers are taking carts. Cart fees are a huge profit margin, they don’t want to give it up.

1 Like

Yeah, totally get it. And don’t take my gif response as “I’m out.” (Would’ve gone Shark Tank) I’m totally in if I can make the date, just stinks we can’t walk. Or maybe we can and we just have to pay the cart tax?

3 Likes

can we pay for carts but just walk anyway?

1 Like

I mean, yeah. But I don’t think I’m down to pay $95 to do that and I’m sure there’s others with me on that.

5 Likes

i hear ya.

they just know the other guy is gonna pay for a cart, so that’s the revenue we’re up against.

for $95 we could probably get out on Cantigny

I am waiting to hear back from the Preserve at Oak Meadows. Can’t imagine it will be much cheaper or cheaper at all. Would love to have an event out there with the new clubhouse.

1 Like

A polite no thank you to that situation, Schaumburg is very walkable

1 Like

I’m just gonna make the executive decision and pass on Schaumburg at that price. Plenty of other options out there.

11 Likes

Pass. Other options I’d rather pay that price for.

Myself and @David_is_Goliath are playing George Dunne at 1030 Saturday morning if anyone else wants to join.

2 Likes

Like Bartlett Hills or Villa Olivia right @TCRBrad

2 Likes

We’ve got three tee times set for the Eggnogural Festivus for The Ref-tof-us on Saturday, starting at 1:06!

9 holes at Waveland.

Weather looks good.

If anyone else wants to join book another time before/after.

The holiday spirit will continue as we warm up in the clocktower cafe for a beer or two after.

Good news, we’re good to go for MP on Saturday, June 4th! I decided to email the course very early this year instead of work on my grad school finals…

Only a 36 player field this time to save me headaches of looking for subs. Tee time block probably starting around 10am, final times will be figured out after MP knows their permanent tee time situation. Game will be net stroke play. Winner earns a spot on the Roost team!

cc: @djpie

9 Likes

A few photos from last year’s event - always a good time!

9 Likes

I’m sweating looking back over these. That day felt like a boiler room.

7 Likes