Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I’ll just say it. I, and many local geese, do not feel safe being paired up with @Slips.

1 Like

If anyone sees Gary, a pissed off goose hobbling around No. 6 on the Hillside 9 at Cantigny, please let him know I’m sorry.

4 Likes

Listening to the nest pod and completely forgot that we should probably have tried to get an NIT spot(s) for the Chicago event. @Tron/@djpie what’s the protocol here? We have 52 guys playing at Cog Hill #2 on 10/3, so pretty large event for a lot of the guys who probably would have went to the actual qualifier in Chicago before the COVID got us.

4 Likes

I played Canal Shores last week too. I haven’t played it in maybe 8 years, so it was fun seeing all the progress they’ve made. I love seeing the dogs walking around and wish more courses allowed it. I totally agree on the conditions. August has been really dry in Chicago, but it is in really rough shape. I wish someone like Mike Keiser or Luke Donald(Chicago ties) would purchase it and restore it. It could be so awesome

1 Like

Ya I mean this is a drought. Some courses can handle it and some cannot.

Can you actually take your dog with you on the course while you play?

You sure can.

6 Likes

oh shit, thats so awesome! seems like it might be pretty tough without a pushcart but i need to give this a shot.

1 Like

Tbh they’re pretty cavalier about off-leash dogs. It’s pretty much the de facto Evanston off-leash dog park. You have to cross the road a bunch, but if you’re dog is good at stayin and not wandering off into the street you can just leave the leash attached while you play each hole and grab it when you walk from paddock to paddock. At least that’s what I’ve done. There’s probably only 5 or 6 spots where you might have to worry about the dog running into the street. At 4 green, 5 tee, 8 green, 11 tee, 12 green, 13 green. Otherwise it’s pretty enclosed or far from the road. And most of the roads are pretty quiet, w/ slow traffic.

1 Like

Bill Murray is in on the course, has a concert fundraiser every year I believe

@HardEight are we going to have to debate during our match about whether Pittsburgh is or isn’t in the Midwest?

So for those of us blessed with a play in game, should we expect to play twice before season end?

I don’t think I’d plan on it necessarily, but I’d definitely try to get the play in game done this year.

2 Likes

Yes, of course you can loop, but only if you spend 0% on proper caddying and 100% on drinking and gamesmanship

3 Likes

I figured that was understood

So ready to get first rounded LFG

Anyone need a 4th for this Sunday?

I’ve lived in the far northwest burbs for 30 plus years. Cary area. Foxford is a wonderful track. Great layout and the best 5 finishing holes in McHenry county. My other favorites out this way are Stonewall Orchard , Bowes Creek if you want a challenge. Randal Oaks is always in excellent shape and very playable for all. Private Clubs the North Shore is loaded with them if you lucky enough to get on any of them.

3 Likes

Listened to the Chicago Trapdraw again and yes, @Randy and @Tron this thread is having two events in the coming weeks. One at Cog Hill (was originally supposed to be Mt. Prospect but I contacted them too late) and another at Olympia Fields hosted by the Sausage King himself (shoutout @TheAbeFroman). Full fields of 52 and 40 at each event.

Is there any chance the winner of either event can get an NIT spot? Just curious in case our leader has the time and the liquid cash to make it to Jax Beach in the fall. Cheers!

CC: @Soly @djpie @MerchCzar

4 Likes

Got out to Robert A. Black this past weekend. The green contours are pretty great for a 9-hole muni. The routing is solid, too.

2 Likes