Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Hmm not ideal but no doubt #worthit

Awesome to see this thread, another YYC guy here. Play outta Sirocco and worked at Heritage Pointe and Shawnee Slopes as a kid (more then a decade ago). Grew up playing Highwood as a junior.

YYC as well, play out of Sirocco

@JDWilson @DriverOffTheDeck @AVMacan what have you guys heard about Mickelson National?

Head out to Kananaskis and play Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lorette. They are reopening after the devastating flood.

1 Like

A lot of nothing, I know they put down a bunch of sand so that it could play firm and fast which is great. I went out there probably a year ago and the lands good and you could see it taking shape, hopefully they don’t put a bunch of trees out there like in the mock ups. If they keep some width it could be awesome, if not its gonna be like Glencoe forest where its almost too hard to be a lot of fun. I know they’re still really trying to push memberships and Hamptons is grossly overfull because of it. I played Whisper Rock but that was almost 8 years ago but I do remember enjoying it.

Not much…

I was looking at the Hampton’s to join years ago and they did the hard sell of Mickelson. It’s supposed to be a championship course capable of hosting prime events…

I’m not a huge fan of Windmill golf. They’ve destroyed Hamptons, ripped out another course for condos, silverwing is the worst condition course in Calgary and area, boulder creek is a swamp and springbank is ok i guess but really its a good nine hole course with a farm back 9.

my boss is a member out there… run around there a half dozen times a year…

Don’t trust windmill not to mess this up…

I have seen a few photos on twitter @mickelsonnational & @MNGTTurfcare & @mc3eagle. Photos looks like it has a lot of potential, bunkering looks like it has lots of fingers. Trees look sparse and having biked in the area a number of times, there certainly aren’t a lot of trees naturally there. I would say it has a ton of potential, looking forward to it opening.

I heard they’re allowing and even encouraging Mickelson members to not pay annuals at hamptons this year cause it is so overbooked

LOL…

Never liked hamptons design. Some of the holes are a design travesty. Last time i played one the of par 5’s was down to a par 3 because a home owner was suing them over balls in their back yard.

They are removing 2 of the nicer holes in order to build a condo and houses

They have no practice area, you basically hit floaters into the lake. Way overpriced.

Hey all from New Brunswick. Have played a great many of the New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI courses if there are any questions.

Checking in from Victoria BC, always looking for great places to play and people to play with!

1 Like

Hi Scotty. I’m just moving back to Montreal after 14 years in the Middle East. I know you are a Toronto guy, but any recommendations for golf around Montreal?

I have been summering in PEI for the last 14 years, and I love the golf scene there. Making a move to hit Cape Bretton and both Cabots summer 2019. I do hope Sully and the boys have this on their radar for a tourist sauce projects; I Would love to see this place catch on, and the NLU bump is real!

Thanks

Savvy

Hey Savvy,

Unfortunately I don’t have a much experience playing golf in Montreal except for some very fond memories I have from my junior days spending a month or so at junior camp playing the two courses at Club de Golf Les Quatre Domaines: www.golf4d.ca

The Cabot courses are definitely on my bucket list. Keep the thread updated with your plans!

Thanks for the info Scott. I will post my pilgrimage plans to CB.

Hey Everybody,
Little late to the party but checking in from Grimsby,On
Good to see some Canadian content on here!

Super late to this party as well but thought I’d at least get my foot in the door,

Checking in from Burlington ON. Big golf nut and NLU fan. Currently working at a club in Toronto and am willing and able to give advice on tracks and facilities in and around Toronto and the GTA.

Never too late, welcome! Just joined Weston myself. Which Toronto club are you at?