Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

I’m up for informal meet ups as well as a NIT event if it happens. Osprey would be great choice.

Would be very much down for Osprey. Downtown as well @noslenod.

1 Like

I will take any excuse to play at Osprey. They still have the play all day rates? Easy to get 36 in there during a day mid summer and always good to check off more than one course at the property.

3 Likes

I believe they still have the 185+tax play all day deal. If they do it’s a no-brainer

2 Likes

It isn’t as good a deal as it used to be but still pretty sweet. I miss the old days when you didn’t need a tee time and could just show up and play all day. There are rumors of more changes now that they’re TPC…2nd clubhouse, guest cabins, and converting Heathlands to fully private. The memby for a public player is still a great deal and if I lived 20 min closer I’d jump at it.

2 Likes

Guis

Most of you have probably heard of the RACDG through the great many chats and threads and general anarchy on here. You may even have been on the Roll Call document. But, I’m here to tell you that as the society has grown I’ve been doing some housekeeping today and noticing a few more people trickling into the two Canadian chapters, as well as a Great Lakes one and the Pacific Northwest, which for now is including BC and Alberta. So I figured I’d post in here to see if anyone else is interested and might want to join so we can get Canada going. I mean, the Americans are charging ahead and no-one likes the let the Yanks win, ammirite?

If you don’t know what the RACDG is I’ll stick the link on at the bottom, but basically its a playing society that bounced out from some conversations in the Refuge way back in Nov 2018. It’s essentially just a fun opportunity to get together and play but ultimately it’ll provide membership to every chapter across the world, so no matter where you travel you can always find other members to play with and get a game. We also hold comps a few times a year so you can get involved in that and even travel to take part in other chapter’s comps (for example the GB&I chapter is doing The MacKenzie Cup in St Andrews in April the same week as the NLU trip and 40 people are playing in it).

I’m hoping that a few of you are interested enough to get the Canadian chapters up and running and someone is keen and organised enough to take on the captain roles to get it going.

Here’s the link to the thread:

The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society

And here’s a link to where you sign up:

Crack on!

3 Likes

@scottsimonsays
@Andy
@muskokaeric
@ravdeb
@noslenod
@BFLOGOLF
@fantuz15
@3OFFDTEE
See above post re: RACDG

6 Likes

Done - perfect!

1 Like

Just signed up!

2 Likes

Done and signed up. Great call!

2 Likes

Great, I’m in too!

2 Likes

Just updated myself

1 Like

I added my self under Canada/Great Lakes. As usual Buffalo, NY is a geographical outlier (New England, Great Lakes, Midwest) can be referred to as almost any of these subsets.

There are a few places which fall on their own somewhere in the middle but it’s entirely up to you to self identify which would work best for you. Or more than one. :slight_smile:

Hey GTA contingent - anyway interested in busting the winter blues with a sim golf meet up?

1 Like

Any other Sarnia-Lambton refugees hanging out here?

Committed to getting involved in a big way this year, looking to get some games in with fellow GTA 'fugees. Live in Toronto, mid-30s, get most of my rounds in at Wyndance. Added my name to RACDG as well, because why the hell not.

3 Likes

Yessir! When are you thinking? Lucky for me, I’m in Florida for a few days this week but I’m around the long weekend…

I’m in KW but drive to the GTA for work a bunch - way happier to do it for golf!

1 Like

Not fussy. Whenever we can get a group together. Was at Swing Golf Lounge today…bit of a hike for me but great spot.

I’ll be coming to ns this summer in july…and looking to golf quite alot…from yarmouth to cape breton…traveling in a group but golfing solo the entire trip…ideally I’d play a round or 2 with someone from the nlu community. I live in maine …and would also be interested in "hosting " any of you guys that are coming down this way. Cheers