Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

Check out canadagolfcard I don’t know if there are any in your area but there are about 250 Ontario courses on it.

Welcome!

Checking in from Lethbridge Alberta. Been golfing now for about 5 years and I’m obsessed. Play mostly in Picture Butte but I like to get out to Paradise Canyon as much as possible. Great to connect with all my fellow Canucks in here.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard

1 Like

Great to see a Canadian board. Born in Ottawa, then Abbotsford BC playing Ledgeview with Hadwin and Nick Taylor (didn’t know it then!), then Vancouver and now I’m living in Asia the past few years. I’m still in Vancouver/Okanagan at least every summer so maybe see some of you out there!

Any Canucks going to Scotland for the NLU trip in a April?

1 Like

Welcome,

I’m on the far East Coast.

I’m going on the Strapped version of the Scotland trip that’s open to all.

Check out that thread if interested.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/nlu-scotland-unsanctioned-strapped-version/10457

I am. I’m Vancouver based and I also have ties to Ledgeview

In Newmarket as well. I frequent the Markham golf dome in the winter, gets me through til spring.

1 Like

Nice! Where do you play out of? I’m public - Ballantrae a lot, some Clublink.

I had no idea there was a strapped version, that is amazing! I just got in off the waitlist to the C-suite tour two days ago…I’m sure there will be a chance for some friendly events/drinking between the two events

Public player as well, but play most of my rounds on the GTA AM Tour.

1 Like

Sick! That is a trip of a lifetime! And in such a small place with so many of us there there is bound to be some crossover. We’ll have to grab a beer at some point during the week.

1 Like

I do the GTA AM Tour for a handful of events every other year. I’ve never won anything but it is always a great time.

Somewhat delinquent OP checking in. Still downtown Toronto but was born in Newmarket and grew up in neighboring Aurora so have my share of memories on the tracks in that area: first balls I ever hit were at the Bloomington Downs range (cow pasture), have played many a time at SilverLakes, and used to work backshop/caddying at Beacon Hall.

Just recently joined Weston in the city and will be spending a lot of time in their winter practice facility “The Nest”…no relation to NLUs operation of the same name.

If anyone in the area is keen to get out at Weston or considering going private I’d be open to hosting.

2 Likes

Weston in on my list of places to be invited to :smiley:

1 Like

Haha I’d be happy to have you out this year. It’s an awesome track. Fast and firm when it’s playing true to form with a lot of replay ability.

I’ve done a number of GTA AM events in the past as well. Also have not won anything.

Sick. Yeah, I’ve heard great things. If there enough of us around I’d love to organize a casual Refuge-GTA outage this year (doesn’t have to be Weston, just saying).

Hey that’s great! I play often at Silver Lakes and would love an opportunity to get a round in at Weston.
I’m in for a Refuge meet up this summer for sure!

1 Like

The freakin’ Beacon

Love that place, that tee shot on 18 gets me every time

Might be my favorite course. Haven’t played it in ages but used to get out a lot when I worked there. Late in the day we used to hit wedges from just outside the bag drop off the payment to the green on #2 (I believe) for drink money. Lost with a 4 up lead with 6 to play in the semi finals of the caddie tournament one year so that stunk. Anyways, great mix of woodland on the front and links on the back. If Aurora wasn’t so far away I might’ve looked at joining there vs. Weston. Alas.

1 Like