Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

No.

Totally just deleted my entire post once I saw you were asking about private clubs.

The Bay Area is expensive. The City clubs all carry a hefty price and a wait list. The easiest to join is Olympic, but that is a downtown gym membership with golf access (with greens fees) for a number of years before you get full golf membership.

You can reach out to clubs about a junior executive membership based on your age, not really sure what’s out there these days.

The one thing about the Bay Area is that we have a lot of great public courses. You do not need a private club to get your golf in. They are truly a luxury, not a necessity here.

Welcome!
Agree with the Chairman that there are so many good courses in the area. My first recs that you haven’t played yet are Corica Park South and Baylands. HMB Ocean. Bayonet. Pacific Grove. Maybe Poppy Ridge and Wente Vineyards once It’s not 90+ degrees out East.

Only private one that comes to mind- I have a friend that’s a younger member at Lake Merced which is a great course. He said he joined at one point with a young member push discount and it wasn’t obscene $.

Stick around…we’re an active group and often play together.

1 Like

Great times at Stonebrae yesterday - thanks to @leric90 and @catshannon for hosting!

Some snaps from the day:

11 Likes

Nice shots.

Impact position goals re: @thomaschambers

2 Likes

Haha. Great photos, Giles

2 Likes

**Full (again) **Have 1 open spot for our Harding outing 3:30p / 3:40p this Friday. One thing to keep in mind without a city res card ($76) it’s $200…eeek.

1 Like

Met up @greebs for an early 18 at Peacock Gap this morning. While we had a great time as always, it was a bit of a strange round for both of us. Greebs quadded number 18 yet still walked off with an 86 where he went 44/42. I hit 11/18 greens this round after going 2/36 in my previous 2 rounds (In the process of a MAJOR swing change) yet scored an 83 due to 4 (4!!!) three putts when I hit a GIR. Two of them were “fine” as we were talking 40+ feet over slopes, but 2 of them were from inside 20 feet. Just terrible putting. 40 putts and I scored an 83. Dang.

1 Like

You hate to see it.

I’m about to head to Poppy Hills for a twilight round (3:20), and I just saw on the website that they said you can’t use the range unless you’re a fully paid tee time. Anyone play during SIP or have that experience where you couldn’t use the range there?

Thanks in advance!

Lake Merced has a pretty solid “young executive” membership opportunity, or at least they did when I looked into it back in ~2018. That would be worth checking out.

If you have a car, and don’t mind driving, there is a significant amount of gooooood g at decent prices if you’re willing to drive about an our north or east. Some of them are a bit of a hike but they’re not bad drives.

1 Like

Does anyone have recommendations for getting a fitting done? I’m way up in Mendocino but I’m willing to drive as far as 3 hours to get it done. So basically to the City /East Bay or Sacramento.

1 Like

Re: my experience at Kepler’s in Walnut creek

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/club-fitting/2366/2302?u=fullbodyfix

4 Likes

Second on Kepler’s. Sent a couple buddies there and they all had good experiences too and I’ve now lost my edge in our money games.

4 Likes

Gonna third keplers. I had a putter fitting there and today notwithstanding the experience was wonderful. I plan on going for a driver fitting later this summer.

1 Like

I went to club champion in the east bay a few months ago and have enjoyed the irons i ended up with. Tough to beat the selection of clubs to choose from and the guy seemed mostly knowledgeable

I second club champion, went to their san carlos location. Not high pressure at all, I actually found used clubs that they fitted me with P790’s with nippon 120’s, on golfWRX for quite cheap.

Looking for 1 more to play next Friday (July 17) at Corica Park (Alameda) at 3:20pm twilight round.

$32 walking

2 Likes

Just saw a fellow gui wearing a blue NLU quarter zip walking down Valencia near the police station with a cute ass chonk of a bulldog.

My girlfriend noticed and it was too late to run back and say hey.

Whoever you are: let’s play some golf and we should get a beer sometime! Cheers

3 Likes

Revive the NLU ‘missed connections’ thread haha

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/refuge-missed-connections/11099

2 Likes

I can’t make it but someday really should snap this up for $32

2 Likes