Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Had a little inner circle meeting with important associates ahead of my pilgrimage to Pebble Saturday. Spanish, Pebble, and Poppy on Monday, very excited. They recommended I hit the fairway. (Unsure why the sideways rotation but as this thread suggests, it is what it is) :joy:

5 Likes

Sounds like a big week! Weather looks nice.

1 Like

Yeah we got lucky for sure, and no warning from the shop about aeration so greens should be great.

We had a nice group out at Poppy last week. Course was in fine shape.

I’m sure something along these lines have been mentioned before, but a Strapped season where they did something like Corica, Northwood, Bodega would be sweet. They could even continue up the coast to Sea Ranch.

5 Likes

I mean, now that the 500 dollar budget is no longer a thing they could blow a hundred on corica no problem

4 Likes

Listen, they just need to go with one of us to get the “bay area rate”

3 Likes

I’m sure @hwb or @D4ndrews volunteers as tribute

3 Likes

True Strapped would be Chabot, Gleneagles and Sharp Park.

9 Likes

On 4, the ball rolls 185 yards back to Randy’s feet…

“Fuck this. Let’s just get a hot dog from Carla and go get hammered at the Trappist”

And they wouldn’t be wrong.

Although, I’d love to see them play the par 6

4 Likes

Good call, this would definitely be a must. Sharp, Corica, and Northwood each have a good story.

2 Likes

Corica is just too expensive sadly unless they can get Alameda rates. Otherwise it’s $80 apiece. Add in Sharp ($51) and Northwood ($44 for 18) and that’s $350 in greens fees for the two of them. No bueno.

2 Likes

I think they need to adjust that budget for the sake of content; otherwise the show loses out on a lot of very interesting, budget friendly (on a relative basis) options.

Sub Tilden for Corica and you got yourself a Strapped. Plus, they could just crash at a frat or sorority down the hill from Tilden, lunch at IBs, dinner and beers at Kips…I can plan this whole thing…LFG!

1 Like

Oh man I need to get a Gleneagles round soon, evening walk with a beer can’t be beat.

The Un-Holy Trinity! Three good ones there…
I could rent them the apartment in the Flop House. It has deep roots in the NLU with a horrifying history of not being able to keep alcohol in one’s body through the duration of the night. Plus, it would be fun to have them sleep in the same bed…

2 Likes

I would like to see them putt at Corica, such a tough day putting for first timers.

1 Like

Made it back from the holy land. Some of the best conditions I could have ever hoped for. Honestly something once in a lifetime. Wind at Spanish Bay was brutal, over 30+ mph gusts and we both made real pars, I hit the green and my dad went up and down from the bunker. Pebble was like playing a cool memory of a golf tournament you see on TV or YouTube. Just prefect, although they trimmed that 4 inch US Open rough. Pro Tip: walk with a pull cart, cat path on the whole course so you’re gonna walk everywhere anyway. (Warning **** there is a temp green on 8 which kinda killed my green speed reading for the day). Decided to play the tips on the last hole and I carried the water just past the tree, so sick. Poppy was great yesterday, greens a little burnt out and rolling quick, but the course was still pure and really fun with every hole capable of providing a challenge to every level of player. Finally a fun recommendation, everyone should at least go play the new TGR Design par3 course called The Hay, at Pebble. Really fun, groomed and maintained just like the real courses and great views.

Here ends my temporary visit to the C-Suite, back to the Push Cart Mafia for me :fist:t4:.

14 Likes

A dream trip, glad you got great weather too.

1 Like

Yeah it was literally ideal at Pebble.