Roll Call: Bay Area Golfers

Hey Craig - I’d be interested in Sunday!

1 Like

Sick. I could bring your Corica winnings if you want haha

If anyone is interested in meeting up at the NCGA Greenhills event today hit me up in a private message. I’d love to have a drink with some other Refugees.

1 Like

If anyone wants to play Baylands 7:10a Wednesday I have a slot, let me know by tonight.

1 Like

Last one of the year for any Bay Area folks that might want to make a NorCal trip.

anyone in the South Bay looking for a game Saturday ? Hoping to fill one spot at 10:10 AM at the Coyote Creek tournament course. Maiden voyage out there for me, would love to have one of you sickos in the mix !! I have sources on the ground suggesting it is - allegedly - a Jack Nicklaus design, but cannot confirm at this time. Shoot me a message !

1 Like

Gang, I have 3 tickets for Friday Women’s US Open available, and 2 for Sunday. DM me.

4 Likes

There are two courses at Coyote Creek and the Nicklaus one is surprisingly delightful. Haven’t played the other one.

2 Likes

Or just go to the bar at Indian Valley…

3 Likes

@BeenMacKenzied do you still have a Sunday ticket? Friend of mine may be interested. Sorry, couldn’t figure out how to DM

FYI, because this took me awhile, when a user is private, just copy their username and go to your profile and Messages. There’s a “Start a New Message” and you can just paste or type in the username and you can send a message to him or her that way.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the current status of Corica North is?

Last I knew the plan was for it to reopen last year. I can understand that COVID would have delayed it, but what’s the current estimate for reopening?

3 Likes

Just called them up, at the computer so was an easy call to make.

They will be soft opening the front 9, walking only, this August. Said back 9 is not going to be ready for play yet.

Full course opening scheduled for January 2022.

5 Likes

Wife and I are planning to move back to the east bay early next year (I grew up there) and am starting to look into potential country clubs to join. Anyone have advice on clubs to join in the east bay? I’ll most likely be stationed around Orinda. Stonebrae seems like a good option as well as Orinda Country Club. Thanks!

I’ll let others talk about OCC and Stonebrae (Stonebrae was fun to play for sure), but Contra Costa Country Club is also a great layout and isn’t too far from Orinda. There’s also all of the clubs along 680 in the Alamo/Danville area, including Blackhawk (2 courses and a former LPGA tourney host), Round Hill, and Diablo.

My buddy just moved out of town, but he was a member at Castlewood, which was reasonable. It’s a bit of a hike to Pleasanton, but they have two distinctly different course, which was cool. One flatter parkland course, and then one course on the side of the mountain. They are also just about to start redoing their clubhouse.

1 Like

I’ve never played Orinda but driven past it a lot (wife’s family lives close by) and it looks excellent.

Berkeley CC (formerly Mira Vista I believe) is fun. Lots of elevation changes and different types of holes. Walkable but possibly a tough walk in spots.

Stonebrae is a great course - not very close to Orinda, though. And not walkable whatsoever.

I belong to Richmond CC which is pretty scrappy but super affordable and fun - a fairly tight piece of property but not overly so.

Sequoyah in Oakland is very hilly but a good family club with pool, tennis and gym. Your short game will have to get better if you play that a lot out of survival.

Is this Matt Greeber? If so, great name!

Cheers, t

1 Like

Whats up Tod!

Sooooooo… if you become a member at Stonebrae… can I please put my name in for your Member Guest tournament. Since we’re best friends and all. I’ve always wanted to play up there; big Kidd fan!

Honestly, I’m not a member to Country Clubs, but I am a bang for my buck kind of person. If I was looking to join a Country Club; and I had the luxury of travelling; I’d try and join a Troon Property. Their Troon Prive program is pretty legit. Which means you’d be looking at Contra Costa I believe.

The whole Lamoraga scene is wonderful for families. You’re definitely lucky. It is a completely individual opinion, but I’d have to imagine if you have a family, the best option hands down is the Moraga Country Club. They have worked very hard over the last 15 years to make that place really fun. It is the home of St. Mary’s golf; and the clubhouse amenities are really solid. Great walking course, but not totally flat as the topography is lush, gently rolling hills. Truly picturesque Plus, it is only a 10-15 minute drive for you from where you will be living. I worked for Gaels athletics 2008-2010; sad I had to move on… Full driving range that got put in circa 2010. It was in a deal with the College. So the President and other major campus Fac Staff are members. Plus you can catch a Gaels game at night if you can get tickets.

If no kids right now and driving isn’t an issue, yea Stonebrae would be sick; it’s not close to you though. I also noticed that Berkeley Country Club is pushing hard for memberships right now. I know nothing about it, other than the views seem killer. Lastly, driving distance to you, Claremont Country Club. I’d imagine its not cheap, but not my business. Best of luck finding your golfing home sir.

1 Like