Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

I was supposed to play Old Toccoa last month- we had rented a cabin in Blue Ridge, which obviously got cancelled.

Would like to get one of those divot ettiquette plaques. Keep one in my car and take it with me when I go to the range and set it out for others to see.

8 Likes

OTF is looking nice, think you may have convinced me to make the trip tomorrow. Was thinking about going to The Fields but haven’t been to the Farm yet.

1 Like

@fanofrockytop is Old Toccoa even remotely walkable? Thanks!

@nwamrine it would be an extremely tough walk.

Hi, would not recommend it - AT ALL…

Built by Coore Crenshaw protégés.

Yes, but would not recommend walking Old Toccoa, and I only saw it from the road. It’s a mountain course.

Signed up for the Aug 30 qualifier at Southern Hills for the Georgia Mid Am today, it’s a hike from ATL (just under 2 hours for me) but was the only one on a weekend.

If anyone else is signing up let me know!

3 Likes

Eying that one too. Was signed up for the qualifier in Savannah in April because it was the only weekend date. Will let you know.

1 Like

Looking to get fit in the area. I am between club champion and golf doctors. Is there anyone y’all would recommend in the area? Anywhere with outdoor fitting too? Trying to get some new irons.

people have great things to say about Golf Doctor. Never been fitted there myself. Pretty sure they’re outdoors and website says they have trackman.

I did wedges/driver at Club Champion in Sandy Springs. Worked with a guy named Parks Brown. Great experience. Would recommend if he still works there. Will likely have the most options of clubs/shafts.

Know they do fittings out of Bobby Jones now. The guy’s name is Rex. Good golfer, played against him a good amount in high school. They definitely will have the best mix of latest tech + indoor/outdoor. Probably hitting off mats inside their shed but getting to see the ball fly and all the calibrated trackman data.

1 Like

I did a tour van fitting with PGA superstore and it was great. Their studio is top of the line. I haven’t done a full fitting with club champion but I have had them bend clubs and regrip for me and I’ve heard countless stories about what they do. I can confidentially say that you’ll get the same or better service with this tour van fitting for a quarter of the price of club champ. Parks does not work at that club champ anymore…He’s done some work for me too, great guy.

2 Likes

If you wanna make the trek and are interested in Ping, the guy you need to see is up at Chestatee. Fantastic experience.

They also have a Mizuno Experience that does fitting at The Battery. I’ve never been there but a buddy really liked his fitting there.

2nd this. Bob at the Roswell store is great. Their new studio is awesome too.

2 Likes

6pm Bobby Jones tomorrow. Two spots still available online for anyone interested in joining.

I took 1 of the spots.

2 Likes

moved up to 5:24 for anyone looking to take the last spot.

1 Like

3 Likes