Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Yes, a hypothetical person who might have an option but doesn’t want to impose on somebody again. :slight_smile: This is of course just a thought experiment, in no way related to putter that is rougly 3 feet away from me right now.

1 Like

A lot of refugees would advise buying a new putter at a flatter lie angle. Not me but others.

2 Likes

They’re all back up and operating?

Initially, I thought that the courses were back open but it appears they are just serving as parks. No tee times available online and from social media posts looks like ppl walking around and hanging out at Chastain.

If there are any Druid Hills Members looking for a scavenger hunt via ATL Reddit

4 Likes

I feel like my game is sloppy and that a lesson could potentially tighten some things up so I play better. Any good instructors to take a lesson in the area? I live in Vinings btw but I’m willing to drive.

1 Like

I’ve had a good experience with Jason Kuiper at BJGC.

3 Likes

Work with Justin Martin at Bobby. 10/10 would recommend.

1 Like

Popping in to ask about Bacon park golf course. I’m going to be in Savannah next weekend and thought this might be a cool course to get out on. Thoughts or other suggestions in the area? Thanks.

I grew up playing junior golf in Savannah area and know a lot of courses pretty well. So feel free to fire away! So many great memories.

Southbridge is a solid course. Crosswinds by the airport also a fun course, but gets tons of play and often shows. Savannah Harbor little pricey (resort-ish) but really awesome views of the low country and some creative little holes/green complexes.

Re bacon

Bacon Park is a SAV staple. Hosts the City Am every year, and so many junior events. It’s a Donald Ross, and an underwent massive reno a few years back by Richard Mandell (ties to Ross himself). It was originally drawn for 72, but only 36 were built, then 18 of them closed in the 40s. Mid 80s the extra 9 was built.

Last I played it was in the mid 2000s, much before the renovation. Condition was pretty standard muni condition but maybe slightly worse. From what I heard, it was largely ignored and became so bad that it was nearly unplayable. Local businessmen OC WELCH (owns all the car dealerships among other things) took on the renovation because he didn’t want to see his old friend go to the wayside.

Not sure if the extra 9 was ever renovated/completed, but the original 18 was completed pretty quickly. I would love to get down there and play it again soon to support the cause of keeping it going. Let me know how it is! Definitely can’t go wrong by playing there.

2 Likes

Any independent club fitters in Atlanta that anyone recommends for when things are back up and running in a few months (hopefully)?

Thanks,

I got a putter from Chad at The Golf Doctor. Not sure how he is with other clubs, but whenever I pull the trigger on a new driver, I’ll be going to him. He’s a good dude.

2 Likes

golf doctor are good people. grew up in that area and some of my first swings were probably on that range / par 3 course.

2 Likes

For PING, the guy up at Chestatee is fantastic.

1 Like

The best way to play golf and socially distance is during a downpour like I did yesterday afternoon

1 Like

did you get your clubs out just in time for the downpour?

I did! Got free range balls too. Guy with a Georgia Southern bag was the only other person there and as I rolled up he pointed out that people must have left with the previous bit of rain, and every station had a ton of leftovers.

1 Like

Cheater.

Some of us are showing up to the first tee Saturday morning raw off our previous performance 5 weeks ago.

3 Likes

Yeah but your previous performance 5 weeks ago broke 80 and beat me 5 ways

2 Likes

On average, how far are you driving for good public golf in ATL? I find myself driving 45 min - 1 hour from the Midtown area to the courses in the north. Curious to see what direction folks are going for decent courses - I know some favor heading west for courses like the Frog

1 Like