Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Related question - is there anywhere around that has reliable Trackman / launch monitor “rentals” by the hour?

I really hate swinging inside, but some data points would be worth it without having to go through a fitting.

honestly PGA superstore isn’t bad if you’re located near one… You can rent one of their hitting bays for like $20/hr? Maybe $30. Far from Trackman, but you get basic data plus video.

1 Like

Awesome, excited to see how City Club grows into the new greens this year. Has potential but as of last week when I went around again still fairly rough (its winter and rainy i know).

Hope Spring and summer bring good things up there.

1 Like

That’s fair. I hear the horror stories of goosed data at retailers selling clubs; it would be something.

I think painted pin is the perfect comp… it’s 100% the atmosphere / vibe they’re going for. Much smaller scale. But I think the difference is that golf is something that a higher clientele is willing throw money at.

Many more thoughts, will work to flesh them out.

1 Like

Oh and add like 3,000 more sprinkler heads with yardage markers…there is NOTHING on the course.

Don’t forget about Edwin Watts. Not sure if you can rent them, but they do have two bays and it’s ITP.

I agree with this, your essentially paying monthly for a private bar to socialize at. Why pay that for an indoor facility in GA when you can pay that for a full Club experience where you can play on a real course. Cause if you want to avoid the “TopGolf” type reputation the price point has to be high.

2 Likes

I love the idea of it, and if I had money to blow and already had a private club memebrship I would so do it.
I would for this type of experience and atmosphere be made available to public without the TopGolf atmosphere.
Thoughts:
Charge more than Top Golf and keep it upscale and private feeling
Must have an established USGA handicap to have access
Reserve a tee time or 3 hour time slot, have to book well in advance

I know that sounds stuffy and anti grow the game, but that I would love an indoor facility where “golfers” can go, not just everyone

1 Like

So we retitle this thread “ATL Refuge goes broke?”

agree…and to do that it has to be expensive…which I cant afford.

So I have to poop on the idea :slight_smile:

yea i guess the only way to make it sustainable is the membership option. private birthdays/ events alone wouldnt help it last. Cause I would definitely be willing to pay more for a birthday at a place like this than TopGolf

I think what they’re trying to capitalize on is the lack of compelling / reasonable membership options at clubs ITP / close to Atlanta. I think you’re staring at a group of people who mostly aren’t members at clubs, don’t play a much golf as we would if we had better options, so they’re saying “why not do this instead. it’s not totally what you want, but it’s better than nothing, a little different and tries to hit the social side better than anyone”

3 Likes

They are going to have key cards and you can get in at a variety of hours from say 6 AM - 10 PM on weekdays. If you have the cash for it makes a lot of sense to me to be able to quickly hit balls before or after work and still go to dinner with GF/wife, play a quick 18 before other dinner plans, etc. Lot of appeal when daylight savings restricts you outside. I think convenience will be key. And having the trackmans for practice is pretty damn nice

2 Likes

Well if some becomes a member, I would happily accept a guest invite.

1 Like

Will need some sort of app where you can live look and see what bays are open / reserve bays.

what happens if you reserve it and don’t show up?

does pricing fluctuate up and down at peak hours if on hourly model?

If on membership model? how easily can you cancel your membership when you realize the bays are never available when you want them?

If two people show up at the same time for the last bay, must they be required to come on the refuge and declare a Duel?

2 Likes

I kind of don’t want to tell anyone but the Roswell PGA Superstore is doing a major overhaul of their indoor hitting bays. Trackman everything now for the “tour” fittings. Bob is a very good fitter FYI. They’ve also got a GC Quad set up in the practice bay right now that anyone can use. Memberships for unlimited use are about $100/year.

3 Likes

Our secret, in the nest so to speak.

2 Likes

They have an off peak / peak system. Off Peak is most times during the week. Peak is going to be weekend afternoons and nights. I got an info card on the club that spells this out more, I will find it an report back. Don’t think it costs you anything more than your monthly dues to book off peak and you get X amount of peak reservations then can choose to pay like $20 if you run out and want more. I think the biggest key is they are going to limit the number of members where that shouldn’t ever be an issue except for the highest demand times.

If all else fails, yes a flintlock pistol duel is in the bylaws.

3 Likes