Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Minus whatever GSGA, Georgia PGA, offices etc. is going into that place, they legitimately don’t need anything but a damn trailer.

That being said, if there is a locker room with showers, I’m all in.

and an escalator up/down the hill

5 Likes

Speaking of…I’m going to head out to BJGC on Saturday at 2:24 for anyone who would like to join! It’s maybe my 6th-7th time playing the course yet will be my first doing the Magnolia routing, going to be trippy.

Hoping to get in 18 (and paid for 18 :wink:). Looks like another single has hopped on but still 2 slots open.

4 Likes

I will say their new instruction facility is sick. Had a couple lessons and it is sweet. The Trackman is hooked up to a couple of TV’s on each wall, heater on the ceiling for those chili nights. 10/10 would work on correct path there again.

2 Likes

@Ross and @rmattgolden, you make an interesting proposal… Would be an hour drive for me. Let me try to nail down my day a little better before I commit. Ahhh… The beauty of the freelance life

sounds good. I’ll be coming from Athens as well, but heading straight from the kid’s doc appointment. Otherwise carpooling would have been convenient

1 Like

So you’re going to try and play 27??

Maybe I’ll head out after 18 and pick up any left over shrapnel from your 6 iron

lol impossible its all still in my bag.

They can’t help themselves

2 Likes

Can someone who is either anonymous on twitter or with no concern for reputation just drop a “you guys suck” in response. Nothing would make me happier.

3 Likes

Has anyone here had lessons with Ted Fort by chance? Just scheduled one and read a lot of good things but wanted to see what the Refuge thought.

1 Like

Hey @hanger129 . I have and can give you some insight. Shoot me a DM.

5 Likes

Ha. If others want to hear, I’m happy to share. Just didn’t think anyone else would give a shit.

2 Likes

This is a safe space Chris, and we can only discuss the shortcomings of BJGC so many times…

2 Likes

Well, since were in the trust tree.

I went to Ted last winter. He was my first real instructor and I think I had three 45 minute lessons with him. I liked him, he seemed like he knew his stuff, but, and maybe it’s just me, but I never felt like I was really improving. Before my first lesson, and granted, I’m a 17 cap (got two young kids… that’s my excuse), but I was coming WAY over the top and my path was dead left, but I kept the face open and would sometimes hit it straight. So he worked with me to get my path more straight, but after three lessons, I feel like that’s ALL we worked on. Additionally, I just never felt like there was a plan, he’d just be like “what do you want to work on today,” and since I suck, I wanted to be like “you tell me!” I just wanted to be more consistent with my ball striking, but never got there. Lastly, he never gave me drills I could take home and practice. You get a lot of information during a lesson so to have some drills to leave with is a huge help. So, my final thought is, he might work for you, but I kind of feel like you get what you pay for with Ted (he’s on the cheaper side).

On a separate note, I recently started seeing Brian McGrew who’s based out of Rivermont and he’s night and day different from Ted. He’s completely rebuilt my swing and although I’m still working through some things, I feel like I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. The rub is that Brian is about $120 for an hour session, but I’d say it’s worth it.

4 Likes

I took 7 lessons with Ted right after I started seriously golfing 1.5 years ago and this was almost exactly my experience. I gave him a longer chance than I probably should have because I had read that he was one of the best in Atl. He’s a really nice guy, but I didn’t improve at all. He advertises video and trackman, but we rarely used either. Sometimes I feel like he forgot what we worked on from lesson to lesson in the way he talked to me.

I started as a 15 cap with him and never really improved. I was frustrated and talked to a friend i trusted, he looked at video and immediately just said my club face was wide open at the top. Then I signed up for the gankas website, got my face shut, changed my posture and am learning how to use my legs. In 2 months I’m down to a 10 and gained 15 yards with every club. In his defense, he’d say my club face was open, but he never gave me any tools to fix it. We’d just work on random drills that had nothing to do with my club face. Imo a good instructor would’ve recognized these things and built on them lesson to lesson with video

1 Like

And I say this not as an advertisement for George (which I highly rec), I say it as the changes I made were simple to improve and Ted couldn’t communicate them

Edit: also sorry I see you’ve scheduled a lesson with him. Ted’s had a lot of success and maybe we just didn’t jive. I’d give it a go but keep in mind what @potter and I said