Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Actually think a very simple fix to this would be if you have a tee time, you should have access to the putting course.

If you’re just showing up and want to play the course, pay something. $10 is still high but whatever.

The himalayas at St. Andrews is $3.50

3 Likes

$18 for a burger? The lunch burger at Bones is like $15 or $16. The restaurant must be real nice.

3 Likes

Saw Uncle Arthur Blank eating on the patio Saturday night. Granted he owns the company that sponsors their driving range.

Sneaky good clubhouse food: Cross Creek

ezgif-3-dd0942024923

2 Likes

Can Confirm.

I know many of these issues have been beat to death here but after spending the last few weekends hitting balls and playing 9, there are so many minor immediate things they can improve upon to make it a exponentially better experience.

They need an actual starter that stands at the fork in the path right by 9 green and send people to the right tee, talk about pace of play and ready golf (2 hr max 9) tee system, flag to play to etc. I’ve seen a starter maybe 10% of the time I’ve been out there and it makes no sense given the course being confusing/complicated for a first time player. They also need an actual marshal to keep people on pace, resulting in more play, which could drive more revenue. (same as the starter, seen maybe 5-10% of the time)

In addition, why is there no easy way to book/play 18 holes? The starter could have a credit card swipe and be able to work with people coming around 9 and squeeze them in etc, driving more revenue.

Regarding the Cupp Links and Putting course being $10, it is apparently to subsidize junior play (18 and under on both play for free, which doesn’t seem to be publicized anywhere online) An absolutely great concept, but essentially alienates anyone over 18 by having to pay $10 to putt? Why not just tack $1 on to every 9 hole tee time to subsidize instead, make it completely wide open for anyone and do a sign up sheet that prioritizes juniors? Very similar to getting a warmup bucket with your tee time…

Regarding Boone’s, the space is very cool, bar and patio are great but the menu seems to completely miss the point. Where is anything grab and go for people playing another 9? Where is anything shareable like wings, fries, nachos for people just grabbing drinks after the round? They seem to be trying to pull families from Buckhead restaurants or eating at Capital City, instead of focusing on the people who are already there to golf.

Overall, as many have said in this thread, I really want to like Bobby Jones for something besides the fun greens and the convenience, but everything seems to put a bad taste in my mouth: from the $40, 2hr 30min 9 holes, to the disjointed check in/start process, to not being able to book 18 holes and on and on and on…

4 Likes

Yeah I am with you, I want to be a massive fan of theirs. They have everything there to be an awesome experience. Being super close to everyone, you have a great backdrop around the course, now the restaurant and training center… But the course is super overpriced. Theres no direction on which hole to start. I completely missed the tee box on the first hole.

I love the coaches at the training center. We do business with them for my job, and they are also just great people and really good coaches. The lessons aren’t even that expensive compared to others in the area.

But I feel like the entire course, range, etc are created to take as much money from you as possible lol.

1 Like

Quick Question: Does anyone have a membership at Heritage? Is it worth it?

No and no.

6 Likes

Lol why wouldn’t it be worth it? The $120 option seems pretty solid. 3 free rounds a month, unlimited range access, free beer with each round, etc.

Place hits the trifecta of being in really hard, poor conditioning, and poor pace of play. Some interesting holes out there to be fair, but you’re gonna need a lot of free beer to make it through a weekend/post-work round out there.

3 Likes

There’s plenty of arguments against Heritage above in the thread.

1 Like

Had and no. See my guy PH below.

If anything, the range is the only thing that makes it worthwhile. If you get there early and find good grass it can be a nice place to practice.

Course is so soft all the time they can barely keep the greens usable. Worst pace of play in Atlanta. Prior to Covid walking wasn’t allowed. 8 minute tee time splits on a course that averages an 18 handicap playing and an opening par 5 that every idiot thinks they can reach. Their pace of play is doomed 20 minutes into the day.

1 Like

What low cost course offers a solid membership option? I have played heritage before and like it, but I get what you are saying. The pace of play is bad.

I actually don’t mind the 18 hole thing being hard. You used to be able to do that and I think they started trying to discourage 18 hole rounds to help pace of play. Also probably a money thing too - while you only booked once, in the system it was basically 2, nine hole bookings. Probably just led to tons of stranded tee times that were harder to fill.

There isn’t one. Welcome to Atlanta.

4 Likes

Lol I mean I have lived here for three years and mostly have lived off of Golf Now. Doesnt Chastain and other city courses offer some kind of monthly membership/promotion?

That is a fair point and can definitely see that being an issue. I think there could be some flexibility other than the only current option to book 2 9 holes and plan enough time for a 2.5 hr 9 for your first one.

Does anyone Here have a membership at Rivermont? I’ve been researching clubs in the area and it seems to be the best bang for my buck. Would love to play with some fellow refuge folks out there if I end up getting a membership

1 Like