Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Dunwoody with a big wait list these days - 7 years I’m being told.

I thought Capital City’s 3.5 years was outrageous. This is flat out preposterous. You have to be screwing with us.

EDIT: Who in their right mind knows where they will be in 7 years? (Check’s watch, really hoping to be living in Teton Village, WY at that point)

4 Likes

Ansley is around 5 as well, last I checked.

1 Like

PDC was around 2 years for legacy applicants last time I heard.

Yeah, just spoke to the membership director the other week (we’re actually going the other way - resigning our national membership now that we live in Chicago). It’s not unprecedented either, I think they were at that level in the 2007-8 timeframe. But it cleared out quickly after that ;-).

1 Like

#ShrinkTheGame

too many golfers and too many shitty golf courses in atlanta. all the good ones are full!

5 Likes

I wonder who got fired today at fox creek

3 Likes

Mr Pratt. :slight_smile: Carl is the hear pro at Reunion. That’s awesome. What is Chris doing now? Jim M

looks like the fields opened back up their online tee sheet: https://thefieldsgolfclub.teesnap.net/

1 Like

Also, just got the email about their annual field party. Looks like some live music, food, booze. Not sure if there is anything special with the golf that day

got the email too. so bizzarre.

annoucning this year’s party! date is in 3 weeks! zero details to provide you at this time!

Broken Record…

I knew deep down to expect nothing less. They were obviously going to do it. But I wanted to be wrong so badly. Just make it free. A putting course on a public golf course for kids and their families? How could they not make it free. Do something good for everyone.

NOPE. $10 for the Himalayas green at BJGC. (I got kicked off it on Saturday evening for not paying - was told it is “like putt-putt” by the attendant.)

5 Likes

$10 for 1 loop?!

2 Likes

Benefit of doubt that it’s $10 for 2 loops so it is 18 holes… but yeah. Didn’t ask for the details.

jk read some insta comments and it is $10 for 1 loop of 9 holes.

el o el. They never miss an opportunity to swipe your credit card again.

2 Likes

and the fact the putting course is literally endowed (or at least I assume so given it is named after someone) and they’re still charging for it. and it’s named after the most historically famous georgia golf family.

1 Like

I saw on their post someone gave them shit for charging $10 and they responded that it would be way to crowded if it was free. Someone chimed in with the brilliant idea of just putting out a signup sheet if there is a wait. They did not respond after that.

Also, I grabbed a beer at the new restaurant there recently after a round and it’s super weird. It’s like they deliberately made it as some new american neighborhood restaurant with no regard that it is inside a golf clubhouse.

1 Like

Think the cauliflower steak would be good grab and go at the turn?

4 Likes

I got them to put the seafood shells and cheese in a ziplock so I could carry it in my bag. Used my pitch mark tool to eat it on the 7th tee, was pretty good once it got mushy and a little past room temp

3 Likes

My issue is they don’t actually have a practice putting green. They have the chipping green with the stick pin things. After 6 months of being open their super axed cutting cups into that green because the foot traffic was killing the green. Have heard the actual putting green is over another year from being ready. Think it is going around where the temporary clubhouse was.

1 Like