Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

I go off at 11:24,

Reunion is good. Their new head pro Carl Casmere came from my home club. He’s genuinely one of the nicest guys I’ve had the pleasure of knowing.

3 Likes

I’m off as a single at 7:50 at the Fields Club on Sunday AM if anyone wants to join. Not sure if there are still openings in the 7:50 group.

2 Likes

I might try and join you. I’ll call them in the morning. Never played there, but I’ve heard it’s fun.

New to the Refuge but live in the ATL area, Dawsonville to be exact. Does anybody have recommendations on good courses to walk? I play on the mountain courses up here and it’s not great for the knees.

Chattahoochee CC in Gainesville is walkable. But yeah, lots of hilly golf courses until you get south of Dawsonville

Finally played Legacy at Lanier the other day. I liked all of the Par 3s. I think I played one tee too close? But I don’t think I liked the course as a whole. But would spend $55 again if I needed a change of pace and the complimentary stuff was a nice addition.

1 Like

Played the re-opened Sugar Creek today. Teed off just before 9. Walked in 2:50. It was $15 for Dekalb residents. The routing and layout remains the same. New Bermuda greens are pure but sill hard. The bunkers that were redone were still in good shape despite all the recent rain. The fairways were still very wet, almost underwater wet. The cart path on 16 is still underwater. This place drains worse than Browns Mill. All new bridges crossing the creek and river. The place is tight so you better play the right club and hit it straight. They carry over the creek on 18 is still Epic. I hit my drive 270 from the tips and barely carried the creek. It’s a heck of a deal for $15 during the week.

2 Likes

We are somewhat doomed by geography here north of Atlanta. Not much is easily walkable in the Canton/ Woodstock area.

I haven’t play Golf Club of Canton yet. 9 holes, looks walkable. It’s private but I’ve heard you can play on some days.

I played there a few weeks ago, and have wanted to-slip out again for a mid-week round, but with the rain and the amount of water I saw on the course, I am going to give it time to dry.

I’ve switched to going to the range there instead of Charlie Yates. $7 large buckets and it has been off grass every time I’ve been

I did not hit on the range but it looked in good shape. Players were hitting off the grass but mats were out behind. I like the Charlie Yates range but it gets too crowded in the evenings. Also CY faces west so the sun is in your eyes when setting. SC faces south so should not have that problem.

1 Like

Been a member at Canton Golf Club since high school. It’s open to the public on Mondays. Very walkable. It was designed by Bobby Jones grandpa. You should hit it up soon, greens are pure since the Club Championship is this weekend.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll definitely do that soon. I have another buddy who has been wanting to take a Monday too. I have to use some vacation days-- I’ll look for a good weather day in September when things dry up a little.

also just remembered, they are punching the greens (small holes) on Monday and the course will be closed.

If you’re interested enough, Crystal Falls is a badass golf course and private yes. But its affordable.

Played Bears Best for the first time in awhile. What are yall’s thoughts on the course?

Played this a few weeks ago. I’ve never had a complaint about this place. #2 is a very fun hole.

1 Like

Bobby Jones is a very walkable course.

Good golf course to play and lots of fun shots to try and execute.

1 Like