Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

Welcome @ChillyWilster. Good group of folks around Atlanta a few other Rivermont members as well. Rivermont is definitely the darling private club of the refuge that everyone would love to go play and seriously consider joining!

Hope we can play soon, private or public. Also, what is your least favorite hole in Atlanta metro golf?

1 Like

#9 at Cobblestone, for personal reasons. Nothing against the actual hole, per se, but I dislocated my knee cap many years ago on #9 tee box and haven’t been back since.

Also, anything at Steel Canyon. Haven’t been there in a very long time, but absolutely despise that place.

4 Likes

If we’re talking least favorite / worst hole in Atlanta, #8 at Cherokee Run is the undefeated champ. Absolutely the worst I’ve ever played…

6 Likes

The chokepoint on that hole at 280 yards off the tee is infuriating. Congrats on hitting a great drive down the middle, we’ve rewarded you with a downhill lie in thick rough.

4 Likes

I have a huge problem with that tee shot. Most recently played out there on MLK Day and thought I hit the perfect tee shot to set up a shot to get over the waste land and have a wedge in. Wrong. Ran up the hill on the back of the fairway for a spicy sidehill lie. Punch one out into the middle, get over, and try again next time. Playing behind par the whole way in.

Welcome @ChillyWilster ! I was a lurker for a while and finally joined the nest a couple months ago. This has turned into my primary golf forum (sorry MGS, WRX, and thesandtrap) and is competing for reddit screentime.

Be sure you to check out this thread for the upcoming event in June!

ps - 7 people ahead of me on Rivermont waiting list (young 30s bracket) - in order for one to join, 2 have to leave… could be a few months before I am in! I may take you up on your offer to get out and play. Let me know if you ever need a fill

I dunno, i might be turning around on this hole. This is the eagle putt i had the last time I played it talking.

Nevermind, ya boi was misinformed.

Love it. Checking the calendar now to see what the availability looks like for that weekend.

I just saw the Rivermont newsletter saying that it’s 2 out, 1 in. I think there’s some turnover in the early 30s bracket, so it might speed along. It’s definitely been a tough spot to get an early tee time over the last year due to COVID demand. Maybe that will slow up a bit with the vaccine rollout and people starting to venture out into the world a bit more. One can only hope… Will for sure let you know if we ever need a fill in out there.

100% the same design philosophy as #8 CR. I will never not see this when I play this hole.

5 Likes

Anyone in this thread played Cuscowilla before/recently? I’m playing there soon, aside from being a Coore/Crenshaw what’s the Refuge’s take

3 Likes

I get to play it a couple of times a year and most recently played out there at the beginning of March. Of the courses I’ve played in GA, it’s probably my favorite. Fun layout with some classic Coore/Crenshaw feel to it. It was still a bit brown a few weeks ago, but given the warmer temperatures over the last couple weeks, I’ll bet it’s looking very pure now.

Great merch in the pro shop, as well.

2 Likes

Got a shout from everybody’s gui @RangerB today, realizing I’ve been a ghost since City Club (Dad had a pretty long bout in the ICU, the virus aint no joke). Look forward to getting back #involved. Hope everyone is well.

7 Likes

It’s a special place. Strategy out the ass - some of the most fun you can have making wrong decision errors.

3 Likes

Holy heck! I looked right past this :eyes:

One of my absolute favorites in Georgia!

9 Likes

Easily one of my favorite golf courses I have ever played. Played there a couple of times during college. People are great, holes are creative, greens are diabolical. 12 is probably my favorite hole. Nasty short par 4 with a turtleback green.

3 Likes

I LOVE Cuscowilla. Played there on a buddy trip a few years back.

Anybody got a good brunch/breakfast recommendation for somewhere in the city?

Must serve mimosas according to my wife.

paging @mshriver3

I haven’t been to brunch in a while but here are some

Cold Beer - Bee once, very instagramable, okay food slightly pricey,
Sun in my belly - just good food
Petit Chou - Haven’t been yet people rave
Homegrown - No booze, just incredible food

1 Like