Roll Call: Atlanta - TPC Sign Up Link in Discord Announcements Channel

I am real close to leaning in to a Pinetree membership. The value at the young professional level seems to be really good. I had been a ‘member’ as a teenager after being annexed from Canterbury Golf Club when it closed. Enjoyed it back then but it was a hair stuffy.

Do you find that there is a younger walking crowd out there at all?

I think it’s kinda mixed. There’s definitely a good number of folks that walk the course regularly. Some middle aged guys with their fancy powered push carts that just run in front of them. To be honest I don’t really feel like I’ve broken into the “younger circles” if there are any, perhaps due to being new and due to the inability to play before 1PM on the weekends. People I’ve played with have mentioned a couple of younger groups that I could potentially play with, but I haven’t gotten into a regular game or anything. I’ve met a handful of younger guys that tend to ride in the afternoons too. It’s kinda mixed. I’m in a groupme with a bunch of guys that sometimes play 9 after work when light’s available and on the weekends. Those guys mostly walk 9 as far as I know, and I’ll tend to do that after work if I can get out for it. There’s also the middle aged and retirement crowds of course, and those guys will tend to ride usually.

1 Like

Gotcha. That after work 9 group is kind of what I’m looking for. I’ve been in some younger circles that tend to take themselves to seriously and throw out money that’s too big for their games. Really just want a refuge style group.

Hey man, just saw this. I’m up at BridgeMill. I have a daughter at Woodstock HS. I haven’t played Pinetree but if you want an old-school club, I’ve heard they are the best around. I know people who left BridgeMill & joined Pinetree.

It’s called Fore Pass. 30$ a month for discounted tee-times at all the city courses.

Bumping this. We’ve got 58! Signed up and only 18 are local. If you’re new here or just been lurking in the shadows. Come on out and join us.

Mistletoe Masters - Sat. Dec. 12. @ City Club (Merch info and sign up post 291!)

2 Likes

Wolverine 08 here! Worked at Bridgemill throughout high school and definitely go up there to hit the practice facility. Pinetree’s practice facility is pretty sharp too.

1 Like

Looked at a golf course listing site and appears the Wolf creek is pending sale. I guy I played with at College Park golf course, fun little family vibe course btw, said that Vince Carter was a part of the buying group.

3 Likes

@gatorz7888 @mearley44 @RangerB

ITS HAPPENING

1 Like

Apparently they filed chapter 11?

2 Likes

Hopefully new owners will take it forward. I like the layout and enjoy playing but management is unpredictable. Last few times I’ve played it, during COVID, I’ve been allowed to walk, of course still charged with the cart fee but hey… I’ll take it to walk.

1 Like

Last time i ~attempted~ to play, I woke up at 545am to arrive for my tee time I was allowed to book and be greeted by a staff telling me the course was closed.

1 Like

The course is good, the staff is nice and hard working, they just need a leader that knows how to run a golf course.

1 Like

Makes sense. Definitely hate to see it close down or turn private.

Weeeeeelllll shit. Hope my dec 11 tee times are still valid.

1 Like

Also I saw online The Fields in $90/mo. for
unlimited walking / 2 range tokens a day.

That might be worth a membership and committing to 1 weekend a month of going down there to play 27 holes.

4 Likes

I’ve thought about the membership there but it’s only $30 to walk the weekend and right now usually $20-25 in the afternoon. So because it is ridiculously underpriced I’d have to really commit to playing there more often.

I may do it for next summer months when I can wrap up work by 3 and still get in 18 on a weeknight makes it a lot more tempting

thats super tempting actually

2 Likes

That’s fair - would probably be spending more money on the membership that what it would actually cost to go down there one weekend a month and play… but supporting a good golf course and their small business. Something I’ll have to consider.

2 Likes

One, maybe two trips a month. Go and spend like 6-8 hours there. 27 holes. A big morning practicing followed by 9 holes.

Sounds weird, but it’s one of the few golf courses around here I actually want to invest my money into and help them get better. You can see they’re trying and are just around the corner from making it something truly great.

7 Likes