Roast My Swing:

Was catching up on this thread - What do you want to see next out of NLU?

…and agreed with @scuff that someone should start a Refuge-wide Roast My Swing thread. Granted it’s the dead of winter, but what better time to lob potshots from behind a keyboard?

This is from a weird warm day in Feb 2018. Taken via Snapchat I believe, hence the quality. Swing hasn’t changed much (read: at all) since then, so have at it.

https://giphy.com/gifs/PNuFCB2RkXH3NfbPg7

7 Likes

Also, I’ll gladly edit this so the video plays in the Refuge if someone enlightens me on how to do that…

Edit: shout out @4PuttAvoidance down there. Now that wonky shit loops in perpetuity

2 Likes

You could create a GIF with something like https://giphy.com/create/gifmaker

1 Like

Love the dead closed takeaway and complete lack of a release. #minimalism

11 Likes

FLIP IT

1 Like

Skipping a few steps is the best way to not fuck those steps up

15 Likes

We had a nice weekend earlier this month and I was able to sneak out for an hour. It was amazing to compare this to swings from the 2018 season. Wrist angles and lower body movement looked totally different (in a bad way).

Swings

1 Like

At least your head stays in one place. I’m out here lookin like one of these things

5 Likes

I really appreciate your wrist flexion. That’s a good move.

1 Like

You’re standing on the wrong side of the ball for starters…

14 Likes

GOLF CLICHE ALERT.

Seriously, @RobbieVogel nice big move. I’d guess at peak you can break 80 on the right course which leads to delusions of consistently shooting sub-75. Amirite?

4 Likes

Dad jokes are the heart of my comedic value. I don’t deny it and I sure as hell won’t be shamed by it.

3 Likes

Lol just @ me next time Laz

This is the Justin Rose of golf swings, @RobbieVogel . It probably gets results, but for some reason I just can’t get excited about it.

(I actually really like the swing and am just #roasting).

1 Like

On the nose. Average around 83 cuz I’ll usually try something heroic and post an 8. Either that or my chipping goes MIA

I always wanted to see what Rory’s hip stall looked like at 1/4 speed, so thanks for that!

15 Likes

Most of us are kinda hoping your chirping goes MIA…
(again, it’s a roast. I’ll show myself out.)

1 Like

Right?! The way he thrusts forward with his hips - it’s the not often seen combination of jerky but also slow. It’s like he’s 12 and making sweet love to two couch cushions pushed together.

4 Likes

I feel like it should probably be a rule that if you make fun of someone’s swing, you have to post your own swing. That way you can’t hurt somebody’s feelings without them having a fair shot at your swing, too.

And I say that after I roasted a swing. Originally, I wasn’t planning on posting my swing. Haha.

I would agree, but my swing is so much worse than @RobbieVogel’s lol