Richmond, Virginia (RVA)

Nice, you’ll have a great time. If the 4 of you guys who are the serious golfers are sort of just wanting to check the box and get out and play, you should just book tee times at Belmont. Either play 12 holes or do 18 with the short course. It’s the closest course to where you’re staying, easy to deal with, the good players will still have fun, and you won’t be worried about the guys who can’t finish.

Otherwise, you’re going to burn at least an hour in travel time to some of the other more serious golf options.

2 Likes

Royal New Kent could be a tough scene for guys that don’t play much.

If your short game really peaked in high school I think you should play the hollows and the crossings

1 Like

I think you were with me the day my short game peaked

Federal Club is now fully private (and $130 on weekends). So you either need a member to play with you or have your home club pro call.

RNK will probably nuke the poor golfers. Maybe consider playing a scramble at RNK and divide up what tees you play?

Independence is also a nice spot and much less punishing.

Richmond folks, we’ve got an event with a much friendlier commute than this weekend’s Bulle Rock festivities coming up next month. Registration is open now!

1 Like

New to The Nest and moved to RVA post Covid, so just kind of reaching out and trying to find new playing partners. If anyone has anything let me know! Excited to be involved in the RVA thread going forward.

2 Likes

Hop in our RVA WhatsApp thread. That is where most playing opportunities pop up.

2 Likes

3br 3.0 LFG guise

Hey long shot request, anyone happen to have a ticket for Friday’s round of the Dominion event coming up next week?

2 Likes

Actually yes. I am volunteering and believe I have two. Happy to send them your way.

1 Like

Public shoutout to the Refuge and @givememoores!

3 Likes

I posted this on the Broken Tee Discord, but if anyone wants my tickets for Saturday and Sunday, let me know.

I don’t want anything for them; I would rather see someone use them than see them go to waste.

@givememoores, Sunday tickets would be rad if still available. Had previous plans but they’ve fallen through.

2 Likes

You got it! Should me a note your email address or phone number and I’ll transfer them over. I think I can use either.

1 Like

I’m sure most of y’all saw the news about Dominion / CCV leaving the Champions Tour after 2025. I’ve heard an abundance of rumors (I work at Dominion) but I’m more curious as to what new venue you guys think would work for the Champions Tour? I’ve heard Kinloch bandied about a lot, but I just don’t think they’d be into basically shutting down for a month every October.

1 Like

no no no no no, that will never be a thing.

1 Like

Why is that? Also, what other courses would fit the bill?

You are assuming the event stays in Richmond or even Virginia. My guess is that we lose the event altogether which sucks. I loved attending with the family every year, it will be missed.

3 Likes

Tour typically does not settle on a geographical location but rather who can host an event properly with the necc infastructure.

Kinloch is above tour events. Kinloch’s name and ranking are too high to need champs tour by far. Maybe a major or a ryder/walker cup venue, maybe. The members don’t want that kind of event, and for what they pay they get to dictate.

Tour events need courses built for tour events.

1 Like