Iowa Strapped - Rebranding to The Butter Cow

Strapped Iowa 2: Eastside Rains
Strapped Iowa 2: Bud Tent Blowout
Strapped Iowa 2: Neil Makes his First Flight

5 Likes

I’d go to a refuge event in Siberia if it was called the Bud Tent Blowout

7 Likes

One year on Eastside Night, I witnessed a bicep tattoo of a “family crest” featuring a Harley, a naked woman & a semiautomatic rifle.

5 Likes

One night on eastsiders night I saw an asian man with a joe dirt blond mullet wearing only very short jorts, a jean vest and cowboy boots.

5 Likes

Yeah, couldn’t be more in on this

1 Like

Got me thinking today that it could be a two-day event working backward from the courses in Ames. So Veenker to start 36 holes on a Friday/Saturday; afternoon round and evening hang at Coldwater to end day one.

Then head down to DM for our play at Waveland, and then Iowa State Fair that night. That way, if needed, @MerchCzar could finally play Waveland and get his Bud Light Beer Tent in on the same day!

4 Likes

Had the same thought last night. Nobody wants to bud tent, then wake up and play 36.

Well I know @cmick26 and I would likely travel from from SD & MN depending on the date you choose. This was something we had already planned for this Summer, but like many of our other well intended golf adventures it did not come to fruition.

I thought I saw you were thinking of doing it as a 2022 event?

4 Likes

Spent 4 years in Des Moines at Drake, would definitely make this work next summer

4 Likes

There’s a definite groundswell of support here. And I’m all in for it. But I live in KCMO, so I won’t often if at all be able to effort anything there on the ground in town.

But with a calendar year in front of us, this could be an NIT qualifier at minimum, so for competition sake, what would be the best way to account for a winner?

I figured aggregate net stableford ‘quota’ points, ala money round. So if you play all three courses — and only if you play all three courses — the net stableford total wins? Or just total points over quota?

Gotta have ‘caps to determine quotas, tho…

(This is the only way I know to contribute from a three hour drive away…)

3 Likes

Get out of my head… we think about this too much haha.

Last call on the 2 open spots to join @Sweet_Cupn_Cake and I at Veenker at 8:50 this Saturday (8/14). I will wait until tomorrow morning to drop my reservation down to 2, but wanted to take one more crack at seeing if anyone was game to join us!

Figured I would post it here as well given you may not all be on the Roll Call: Iowa thread. It certainly wouldn’t be the full return of the Strapped event, but you got to start somewhere.

@cmlink47 Count me down to join you guis for the Veenk on Sat!

3 Likes

Perfect. One more spot available!

Just 2 cool dudes doing some research for next year. Veenker this AM with @eberke and @cmlink47 and Cold Beers tonight at The Bud Tent with @ZachR

12 Likes

Is this the weekend for it? Do we mark our calendars 52 weeks from today?

1 Like

Please keep feeding @ZachR copious amounts of beer, so I have a chance against him tomorrow.

1 Like

The fair has 2 weekends, so I think it will depend on the courses’ availability, especially when the Men’s City Tournament at Waveland is.

1 Like

Basically always 2nd and 3rd weekend in August. But what @ThatGolfPunk said, depends on city tourney. City used to be June, but well be good.

Also feeding him many beers at the craft beer tent. And once I get back from the Ope’in we can get together and start well in advance plans for this.

5 Likes

I would think the event has to be at waveland just for location right?

4 Likes