Regenerative Agriculture for Golf Courses

I’ve been interested recently in regenerative agriculture practices, in a variety of different settings. Considering I also share an interest in golf courses, I was wondering if anyone knew of examples where those two things might co-exist. Does anyone know of any golf courses that have tried to incorporate aspects of regenerative agriculture? I think there are plenty of ways in which the principles of golf course management might be in opposition to those of regenerative agriculture, but I’m hoping some clever people out there have found ways to at least partially integrate them.

2 Likes

What are your thoughts on heli-skiing?

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing me towards that. Hopefully my helicopter will cross paths with his and I can run some ideas by him.

1 Like

I’m all about control burns for a few courses around me and starting over yes

1 Like

kind of related but check out “kiss the ground” on netflix. some very eye opening stuff in there about regenerative farming. the Co2 map at the end is wild. makes so much sense.

I second the recommendation of that film. I had just finished reading Dirt to Soil, so the documentary didn’t have a ton of new information but I enjoyed it anyway

I have no idea if this even fits the bill for “Regenerative Agriculture” but I’d suggest looking into the Vineyard Golf Club.

https://www.gcmonline.com/course/environment/news/kevin-banks-vineyard-golf-club#:~:text=Kevin%20Banks%20is%20the%20golf,nine-year%20member%20of%20GCSAA.