Refuge Secret Santa - 2023: SANTA! Are We Done Yet?!

Would be very in on this whenever works best for you! DC is within driving distance so I’ll leave the date/timing preferences to others, thanks so much for offering this up and let me know if you need any help organizing things

3 Likes

I have hotel rooms to burn before they expire and could make the trip

4F3BA93E-D107-48F6-BEB8-328E88940AFE

1 Like

Let me know what you guys would want out of that kind of an outing. Do you just want to play the golf course? Have a tournament? Eat dinner? Any other special requests?

9 Likes

I’m personally down for anything, and would be extremely thankful just to get out and play with some refuge bros.

While dinner would be nice that’ll be difficult to pull off during these times. If it’s doable I’m in for that.

Personally, I think a 2-man best ball (gross/net) would be great. If 36 holes was an option maybe a modified alt-shot. Others here have better experience with refuge outings than I do though

1 Like

I think I can speak for everyone in saying that whatever you are comfortable with doing, we would just be grateful to come spend some time with you and play your golf course(s). This is so cool, the refuge is undefeated.

14 Likes

happy to carpool from Baltimore! Assuming all safety precautions have been made, you’re comfortable, etc.

ooooo literally the day my outing on 9/11 at raspberry got cancelled I get to add a better trip. #rubofthegreen

Depending on the date I would be totally down!! Up for anything!!

This sounds epic – so in depending on date.

I second seeing problems with trying to arrange a dinner, but golf would be excellent! @JohnnyPanton

1 Like

100% interested!

I’m for sure interested!

I was working and playing with a half set earlier. Now that I’m off work, I had time to load up the push cart and grab the range finder… I probably wouldn’t be able to pull this off this year. I will try my absolute best but I can imagine it will be tough.

I’m in the same boat as @tedscott but I’m extremely interested

echos all the “interested” comments above

2 Likes
  1. Awesome of you to offer. Love this place (the refuge, haven’t been lucky enough to get out at Stonewall yet) and I’m sure it would be a fantastic day

2. If this fall, I’d say golf only. You know, with “the times we’re living in”. If we think the spring gives a better chance to do it right, I know I would be ok waiting patiently. I think some kind of two-man competition would be fun. Randomly pairing people together could be an interesting way to meet new folks, too. My dream would be a June day when there’s more sun, 18 holes on each course. Or a better ball/alt shot format both on one course. Followed by a reception.

3. If you need any help setting up/arranging the event let me know. Happy to help out if I can.

4. Probably goes without saying based on my response thus far but schedule permitting I’m in.

4 Likes

My only request is if I can make it my Lumi gets to come and meet Gracie!

3 Likes

If we’re talking about the Stonewall in Pennsylvania, I could be in depending on dates. I’ve got family in Philly I need to see and American Airlines flight credit to burn (because they boned me last time)