NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

New ride for the week! Thanks @Rossy2644 for nominating this one! We’ve got Sam’s 30 Min Classic Rock Ride from 6/24/22 on tap. @ChickPhilA please update the title when you can.

2 Likes

Loved this week’s workout! Was kinda strange seeing people back in the audience for the first time!

1 Like

Did the emma 5 year anniversary ride live this morning - good playlist, though when the Janet Jackson song came on I kept having flashbacks of doing bicycle crunches to the beat :joy:

5 Likes

I did Crush your Core 1 and 2 back to back this spring and I still have nightmares of bicycle crunches. Haha, by far the most brutal portion of that whole series!

1 Like

Did the Rush ride about a week late. Fun, never been a huge fan but always dug their bigger songs which were thankfully part of the ride.

Did an Emma 30 minute 90’s rock ride last night and at some point during the ride, she announced that she had just come back from vacation. I really think they need to put some sort of warning/disclaimer out there if an instructor has just gotten back from vacation because always seem to be the toughest rides. Two tabatta sets and a 7ish minute climb with a 2 minute high resistance sprint to end the ride was brutal!

3 Likes

Thanks for the warning. Was planning on doing that one and will make sure I rest up!

1 Like

Enjoyed that the second time around. Fun to see Sam so excited to have a group in the studio with him.

1 Like

Low impact vibes for me on this one bc I tweaked my back in an Andy Speer strength class yesterday and am playing one of my favorite golf courses tomorrow (shakes fist at the sky).

Did the Emma 5 year anniversary ride this morning. Enjoyed it and it was a tough one.

1 Like

I’ll have to check that one out that next time I get on the bike! Love her rides, but they can be brutal! Lol

New ride incoming - thanks to @edwardt2 for the nomination. It’s Emma’s
30 Min Groove Ride from 3/29/22. @ChickPhilA please update the title when you’ve got a minute or two. Thank you!

1 Like

Took this emma rock ride this AM, great playlist!

2 Likes

Hell yes - low key her groove rides are a blast

I’ve never done one! Need to bookmark it though. I’m doing week four of Total Strength this week but that’s up in the air because I’ve acquired some off-brand non-covid virus that’s left me with a nasty cough. So probably need to chill for a few days and try to kick this thing.

Misread this post and thought you meant her 5 year anniversary ride. I did that post vacation 30 min rock ride on Monday and it was tough!

1 Like

Some of you may have listening to Neil on the Business Breakdowns podcast in June where he talked about the PGA Tour’s business model. Worth a listen.

I’ve got into Business Breakdowns since then and they did a Peloton breakdown earlier this year. Was interesting especially the info on how much Peloton spends on music rights and how it might make sense for them to start their own music label. Was recorded in January, so before a lot of the most recent issues with the business.

Link below

1 Like

I’ve been on a roll with Emma lately and her rides in general are definitely on the tougher side in general! I did this weeks weekly ride and it was one of the lowest outputs I’ve had since I got my bike, but it absolutely kicked my ass with the core stuff mixed in.

1 Like

I think that’s my first Groove ride. Was expecting something easier than a rock ride but this was quite challenging. Would recommend.

2 Likes

The one up, one back was super weird at first

1 Like