NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

Took Jess’ System of a Down ride yesterday and Kendall’s RHCP ride today. High school me was reliving my garage band days big time. Both are great rides in my opinion.

Saw on Emma’s Instagram they’re doing a Fleetwood Mac artist series and she’s leading the ride this Sunday. I imagine that’ll be a very good one.

5 Likes

Enjoyed this one… was expecting something closer to HIIT and this was more of a Sweat Steady vibe (of maybe PZ although I’ve never done a PZ so can’t stay for certain). Finished first (of 2) on the refuge tag so some more people better get on the bike and roast me!

1 Like

Must have done it right after you yesterday. Agreed with everything you said. I like the pyramid setup of a workout so I know what’s coming and can prepare accordingly. Not a great setlist though.

1 Like

A rare PR by 10. My 45 minute benchmark lasted about 2 years. I know folks in here hate on CDE, but this is one I’d recommend for a few reasons:

1. Minimal “I raced” talk for folks who are tired of hearing it.

2. Minimal inspirational talk from her I AM talking points.

3. Stretches of quiet.

4. Great structure! For PZ folks, I logged 52% in zone 4, some on Z5, and a good bit of z3/z4 sweet spot. Recovery in middle consisted of a long top of Z3 stretch.

TL/DR: if you’re looking for a PR @ 45 minutes, this is your ride.

3 Likes

Is the playlist shit? I need a 45 min ride for the morning

What’s the date of the ride itself?

It’s not awful, but she’s done better. There’s some 80s stuff there that @greebs would like. Originally ran on 2/22/22

1 Like

Hopefully there are long climb periods and I can just listen to the @KVV trap draw instead of that

1 Like

Yes, it’s basically “set an aspirational resistance” and then long 8/7/6 intervals where you increase cadence from high 60s up to 80s in the first block. The shorter second block had a resistance increase of 2-4 and a similar structure. I did not hit the cadence call in the last 10 minutes, but chose to grind out z4 the whole time at a low 70s resistance in an effort to hold onto my PR pace…

Not sure I’ve ever done a 45 minute climb ride to be honest. But those are definitely PR rides for sure. Added to the stack …

1 Like

If I want to chase a PR I always pick a climb. I do think that 45 minute and 60 minute climbs tend to feel faster than 45 minute and 60 minute endurance rides. Also you can just totally go into grind mode because the intervals just go up slowly over 45 or 60 compared to a 30 minute climb. I feel like you can kind of work your way into the pain cave without it hurting too bad.

For this reason I tend to feel like longer climb rides are easier to PR on because I tend to blow my legs up on shorter climbs.

1 Like

60 minute climb??? :sweat_smile:

29 choices….one Cody in there, a few Bens, and an abundance of CDE……go for it.

1 Like

Never CDE again. I think there were like 4 changes the entire ride. And for that reason, I’m out.

I even did one of her 5 minute cool down rides and the resistance and cadence was the same the entire 5 minutes.

2 Likes

Quite a playlist on that ride, Dua Lipa and AC/DC. Eclectic.

No comments here about this news?

We don’t have the space for this but I’d otherwise be interested.

1 Like

Good ride this week. Been MIA for the weekly rides lately and this was a good ride to pre-pay for the gin and tonics I’ll be having at a wedding later today.

Interesting that they’re doubling down on more hardware when they have very aggressive investors who want them to do the opposite.

3 Likes