Refuge Peloton Thread - Denis’s 30 Min Rush Ride from 7/1/22

Just took this one and all I can say about Bradley is that I am beyond thankful for the more music option. If there was an all music option, I would absolutely take it.

3 Likes

I did the ride this morning but did we do this one back in April as well? Seemed quite familiar and I don’t do Bradley rides as a rule. Was great to end on The Ace of Spades though!

Fun playlist but to be brutally honest I’m not sure Bradley does one thing well as an instructor.

2 Likes

He seems like a nice dude so I hate complaining about him much, but he definitely is not for me either.

I was talking about him the other day and wondered if they felt that they needed a super hyper, over the top instructor for the UK studio, because unless there’s someone I haven’t done a ride from yet, I noticed that most of the British instructors are pretty low key.

I’ve mostly done rides by Sam Yo, Ben Alldis, and Hannah Frankson as far as the UK crew goes, but they’re all fairly chill. Bradley certainly is not.

Yeah it’s a good theory - but his energy makes me (and I think most of us) uncomfortable. On top of that his class structure is always boring and predictable, he’s not funny, he doesn’t really coach/teach… I feel like I don’t improve or get a single enjoyable moment out of his classes (though admittedly I have only taken 3 or 4 of them).

1 Like

I’ve lived in the UK for 21 years (I’m Canadian) and my feeling is that Brits in general don’t respond well to real “rah rah” types like Bradley. To be honest, sometimes I feel a bit cringe about Ben and some of his motivational chat but overall I like Ben and do a lot of his strength and stretching classes because I like the structure. If Bradley was brought in to be a more hyper / in your face instructor that appealed to the UK, then I’m not sure it is working and maybe it was a flawed strategy to begin with?

Definitely plausible, though I wonder if him being in the UK is more about the times he’d be doing live classes vs. appealing to their British audience.

Interesting comment about Ben…I haven’t noticed, but I only started taking his classes recently. I have also specifically taken his classes with playlists I really liked, so I think I had them all on “More Music” option. I’ve had multiple PRs under Ben now and some great performances in general. Honestly not even sure why, because at least at face value to me his classes didn’t seem THAT hard, but I guess it adds up.

Ben seems a good guy. I just like to give him a hard time because of the “belters and bangers” chat all the time.

Ben and Leanne have had a bad week over here. A close friend of Leanne died on the morning of her wedding day this past Saturday in the UK. The friend was due to marry a semi-famous singer so it got some press coverage over here. Absolute tragedy - early 30’s, young child, really sad. No idea as to what happened.

1 Like

This week should be a pretty agreeable ride for most folks! Thanks @SandhillBlowout for nominating Emma’s 30 Min Classic Rock Ride from 11/4/21. @ChickPhilA please update when you’ve got a few. Enjoy and have a great week!

8 Likes

Not the biggest classic rock fan, but always love taking one of Emma’s rides! Time to lose that last pound or two during wedding week. Lol

3 Likes

Jumping back on the weekly rides for the summer—good pick!

I spent April and May on the second Speers strength plan, took a week easy and am now trying to manage my legs because I’m playing two or three times a week. The compulsive in me is working hard to ignore the fact that my monthly mileage is dropping!

3 Likes

I think we may have to do some of these for Canada Day next week!!

9 Likes

I think that is a fantastic idea and believe it is our responsibility to make Peter Klaven and Sydney Fife proud. Next week will be Rush Week in the Refuge Peloton Thread!

3 Likes

Ah great! I was going to suggest the Tragically Hip ride that Emma did for Canada Day last year but I couldn’t find it on demand. Think it might be a time limited thing? Rush will be a good one.

3 Likes

slappa da bass!

4 Likes

I enjoy a 10-15 low impact + a 5-10 minute stretch minute after golf… would recommend if you want to get those miles up :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh, I’m still getting my stretches on!

2 Likes

Emma rocks, what a stark contrast to last week. Great playlist, coaching, class structure, etc. Every time I finish an Emma ride I can’t wait to take another one. It’s pretty obvious why so many people here gravitate to her classes.

5 Likes

Sam will be great in this format I think.

5 Likes

There may only be 216 people through the ride so far, but that was one hell of a surprise after having the leaderboard hidden the whole ride! Great way to end the last ride before my wedding!

8 Likes