Refuge Fitness Challenge—Tournament Details Posted

Unless you have to carry around a backpack with leather bound copies of both Tolstoy and Dostoevsky life’s works, I’m not sure reading will help burn the lbs.

But it is probably a hell of a lot better for your health than staring at your phone or watching TV…

Need to burn some mental lbs.

2 Likes

We can have a separate tournament for reading: The Refuge First Annual Accelerated Reader Pizza Party/Golf Tournament

8 Likes

13 Likes

I am in. While I’d rather beat @leric90 in person again but if I have to do it virtually that’s fine too.

5 Likes

:joy: :joy:

1 Like

Stupid fat brain slowing me down.

Upgrade your grey matter it, cause one day it may matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzE7S3na3J0

2 Likes

Can recommend school house 9 for a tournament location? Never been want to go.

It’s not easy being a genius

1 Like

If we go the “lots of local tourneys” route then Schoolhouse Nine could be cool, but tough to ask folks from all over to fly into DC and then find their way a couple of hours out to Sperryville for a tournament on an unrated par 3 course with 9 holes. I love that course, but it’s not exactly a great place for a tournament.

3 Likes

Well shi…

Been lurking for a while and this just seems like the perfect reason to sign up. After years of gathering dust I got the clubs out again when courses here reopened after lockdown. The reason I stopped playing was (lack of) physical health. Honestly, I’m twice my healthy weight. Straight out of lockdown I struggled to make it round 9 holes. Over the weeks and months I fell back in love with golf and the physical improvements it was giving me. I made it my winter goal to get back into a position where I didn’t fear a full round (or at least not because of fitness!) with a view to early next year rejoining my local club, getting lessons and kicking on.

TL;DR I’m in.

20 Likes

Awesome!! Glad to hear it. Welcome to the Refuge!

2 Likes

Been thinking of a SH9 meet up for a while, it does force you to find a full 18 out that way as well
18 in the morning somewhere, then an afternoon SH9
HH on the patio has potential. Start booking every Airbnb in sperryville now

And this larger gentleman is in on this idea, regardless of location

1 Like

I need this and I am in!

1 Like

This group is a win-win. You can either work hard and look and feel better, or you can do absolutely nothing and become elite with the fifth set.

2 Likes

@RobertHunter this is a great idea. I need a bit of a boost and haven’t been able to be my normal active self for the last two years. I am absolutely in for this, and any kind of virtual tournament/meet up you guise want to do (not going to be traveling south of the border but will wave from afar).

Totally subscribe.

1 Like

I just want to shoutout @Q-schoolf for dropping in just to drop the “No” vote.

Awesome idea @RobertHunter and if you are looking for any planning / coordinating assistance just say the word

2 Likes

I will also add I’m all in on this. Played rugby around 235, spent 2 years “cultivating mass” for powerlifting, and now I’m just a 285 pound guy. Love the incentive. Love the idea.

2 Likes

@RobertHunter,
What a great idea I am in. Have a peloton coming next week so should be able to set some baselines. If I only unlock a few clubs it’s still worth. Love having to some accountability to exercise.

Early leader for Nesticle of the month.

2 Likes