Refuge Elections: The Candidates

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Can you give us a rundown of what you have contributed to this community in the past and what you plan to do in the future if you don’t win the election?

Sure. A glance at my announcement post shows that I haven’t been that active bar a frequent watcher and occasional commenter.
I’ve felt quite unwelcome by the cliquey nature that has developed and really want to expand the base. Win or lose

1 Like

Ha! I struggle to keep up from my own account.

And no need for a burner, I have no issue saying what I want to. :joy:

11 Likes

It’s an honor to be compared to one of the greats Tron!
They say great minds think alike…

I very respectfully suggest that you re-word what you’ve said about me. Specifically about “big talk but little to back it up”. You don’t know me. I don’t know you. It’s one thing to get into the “spirit” of the electoral process for an Internet forum “public office”
position, but it’s entirely different when you say things like you said when you don’t even know me or know what I’ve done on this board with actions and contributions. This is supposed to be for fun, and not a platform to attack someone you don’t know.

I don’t talk big. That’s not my style.

I don’t have a big ego. That’s not my style either.

I would NEVER dream of talking big about anything just to boost my ego or position on an Internet election ballot. Frankly, I don’t care if anyone votes for me. The people who have spoken for me (@BaxterMSP @jsteve15 etc) have done it in their own freewill. No collusion or plan to boost my candidacy was ever discussed. Ever.

Yeah. I’m pissed. I rarely get pissed off. Especially on this site. Dozens of members on this board can attest to that - I promise you that. But the reality is this: If you want to question my motives or question my good name and integrity, send me a DM. Do so in private.

3 Likes

I think you need to take a chill pill my man.
Nothing but respect for your contributions but maybe stay out of the kitchen if you can’t take the heat.

Here is another fundamental issue that we face daily…

I have been around a good amount of time, and been fairly active, and multiple times a day I have to find myself trying to figure out “is this schtick or is this real”

I am not sure if / how serious @Klondyke1892 was with his comment about “big talk but little to back it up”

I am not sure if @Hala-Mark-Rey is genuinely upset / bothered by that being said

Am I the only one that feels this way?

8 Likes

Governance is about having a cool head. In this case It’s about being able to both make a joke and take a joke, being able to make decisions while also respecting the tone and humor of the refuge

Ironically these two statements sum ME up entirely. Takes all sorts. But mostly presidents like me. The last thing we need is a Millard Fillmore…

2 Likes

In that case, it’s all yours to win!

I can see that but I’ll just stick with the guy that I know for a fact to be a great person (and level headed as well). If that’s as angry as that guy gets it tells you something

3 Likes

That is exactly the issue though, you’re saying that was a joke, and the person on the receiving end viewed it as a legitimate attack on his character (not sure this was the word used)

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is anyway to fix this because everybody has their own line of when something crosses from joking to serious.

Personally, I feel like this is where a lot of the “issues” stem from…simple communication things that are made very difficult being online

1 Like

Could it be both at once?

Its a gd message board folks.

Relax.

16 Likes

I think anybody who’s being objective should assume a degree of joking and sarcasm. Nobody’s here to offend anyone but my god I’m not backing down because someone took a joke the wrong way. We’re not in school

3 Likes

Nobody’s.

#grammarplease #unpresidential

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying…I’m just asking about my own confusion between what is schtick and what is serious/real

1 Like

First thing I thought

1 Like

Orrrrr was this whole thing a social engineering test by the NLU crew to bring out these debates, see who across the community would come together, and who would would see this as an opportunity to be divisive. The emperors might not be wearing any clothes by the end of the month!

While much of this started light hearted, letting it stew for what not even 24 hours has seen this thread bounce all over the place - and yeah I think it’s some formula Neil and his google conspirators cooked up to see what reactions they could get out of people and yeah… it… might… be… working…

9 Likes

No worries. I was just saying my choice is clear…going with the optimistic candidate.

2 Likes

Sorrie

1 Like