Refuge Elections: The Candidates

The original post has been edited to reflect, but a new candidate has entered the fray

1 Like

Gonna request you gather the data on most common topics of conversation on users that like my posts about equal to how frequently they’re liking @RobertHunters posts

2 Likes

I was wondering which candidate would buy off the NRNN first!

j/k…

1 Like

Guise,

The Refuge is a collective of passionate golf fans from all over the world. We should be grateful that our founding fathers in Jacksonville have granted us an election so that we might nominate a leader democratically.

Having been lucky to meet many of you I am grateful to say that some of you can call me friend. None of you, however, will ever call me President. Not in June of 2020, not ever.

To whoever wins this nomination I will tell you this: The job will be thankless. The whining will be relentless. The darts will come from everywhere. You will be betrayed and your name will recklessly be dragged in the mud. Lies will be told about you. Such is the life of a leader.

My vote will be cast without reservation for @aannddyy00. Let me tell you why he checks all the boxes to be my candidate.

He’s been around. @aannddyy00 knows that you can’t reinvent the wheel, but also when to add a little spice to make things right.

He’s the guy you want in your golf league. Listen, I’ve played 36 years and almost every round with some form of gambling. You don’t want a president who has to google bingo bango bongo. Having met @aannddyy00 in Cincinnati, my main takeaway was had Andy been born in my hometown, we’d have been fast friends and he would be “that guy” that runs shit at the club.

There is no “guise what the fuck” without @aannddyy00.

In the darkest moments, he shines his brightest. I make a point of it to ask people about their failures, their valleys- that’s where the character shines through. In all of his valleys, he’s his best Andy, and that’s a rare trait.

Join me, Refugees, as I STAND WITH ANDY.

28 Likes

(Literally grew up in a town called Valley…) I live up on the hill now

3 Likes

How can someone announce he’s running and then also endorse another candidate?

3 Likes

OK, that’s it. I’ve had it.

Fuck you, @MrVinegar206.

Fuck you, @anon26814599.

Fuck you, @leric90.

And fuck the rest of you who have so much as uttered or thought that I am @Eric_Denver.

How dare you. You ungrateful bastards, how dare you.

I have long been a contributor here sharing my name, opinions, experiences and creativity here with all of you. I’ve never hid behind an avatar. I’ve never lurked. I’ve never been anyone but myself. I have opened my home to some of you and continually open my heart for all of you.

How fucking dare all of you who accuse me of operating under an alias. I am legitimately salty. Legitimately bewildered and hurt.

You know what you get for this reckless act? Nothing. You get nothing.

18 Likes

This is a disgusting unprovoked attack on my gui @RobertHunter.

6 Likes

4 Likes

In all fairness, has @RobertHunter ever lost $1500 on the golf course?

1 Like

He’s never lost a dollar, I don’t believe. But we are welcoming of all here. He assured me he will not be coming for anyone’s gambling or guns.

2 Likes

Has @RobertHunter ever had $1500? I keeed i keed.

3 Likes

Mam, this is a Baskin-Robbins

2 Likes

Well it’s the last Baskin-Robbins I ever walk into, you insolent bastard, you.

To @RobertHunter, The One we hoped would emerge. A man too great to be restrained by the rules of any office or election.

To the rest of you, farewell.

2 Likes

Next Trap Draw: If the Refuge candidates were The 2020 U.S. presidential candidates:

@RobertHunter :

Beto. Texan. Early announcement garners fawning media coverage. Boyish good looks and charm. Peaks too early and in a desperation move takes a hard turn and comes after one of his electorate’s favorite cultural traditions?

11 Likes

Will that be cash or credit?

Next do Tulsi Gabbard.

2 Likes

Oh god… am I Trump?

19 Likes

I was going to break that to you last.

9 Likes

5 Likes