Refuge Elections: The Candidates

and Zac Radford stingers

1 Like

Considering one of the leading candidates on the table has personified his existence on the refuge per below, I assume that anything is possible:

Dis ‘lection is a sham.

Dudes won’t approve a girls thread.

This is suppression of speech on the levels of the Jaffna Library Burning.

8 Likes

I posted about Ian Kirkpatrick in another thread recently. Ian is 37 years old. He’s a multi-platinum record producer & songwriter. You’re likely familiar with his work through the artists who perform his songs. However, you’re not likely to recognize his face or name. A great producer’s gifts may go unnoticed by the general audience because they allow the artists they serve to shine. In many cases, artists walk away from a session as better versions of themselves. This is due to the focus, confidence, & vision passed onto them by the producer.

A great producer also allows the artist to be who they are and they become what is needed for that artist or record. But at the same time, also reign them in to prevent the spiral-out-of-control scenario. It takes a personality and skillset that can handle a pivot or flex without being completely malleable. Only finely tuned ears (music sickos) can recognize the thumbprint a great producer leaves on a project. Each one has a signature sound. Great producers keep those personal touches to a minimum though. If they didn’t, every record would sound the same regardless of the artist involved. It takes a great deal of restraint to be that kind of producer.

Guidelines are an essential tool for a great producer. Sometimes this is hard for an artist to understand. Most creative people don’t like to feel like they’ve been put in a box. However, a proper execution of boundaries can nurture creativity by gathering the essential pieces inside the walls and clearly defining what tools are available to work with. This helps bring the artist’s vision into focus.

Lorne Michaels said, “I’m truly involved in all aspects of production (at SNL), yet when the job is done right, I leave no fingerprints.”

This is the type of president I want for the refuge. Who is our Ian Kirkpatrick, our Rick Rubin, our Lorne Michaels, our George Martin?

2 Likes

Whatever. I’m in it for the vanity. And cash.

3 Likes

I have formally announced my candidacy. We have a lot of great candidates fer sure, I would appreciate your support.

5 Likes

I hope you will consider me for the honor of serving as President.

1 Like

I notice you left off the most important and oppressed minority of all. The high handicaps We are people too!

5 Likes

I hope you will consider my candidacy as a high handicapper. It’s one of the most important tenets of my platform.

6 Likes

A question for the candidates.
Which side do you fall on.
The big right miss or the big left miss?

2 Likes

We need a man of the people

4 Likes

Well @Easydeal I’ve always felt it important to miss both ways. Why neglect an entire side of the ball park? There may be some lovely bushes over there. Maybe a young deer.

It’s also important not to know which side you’re going to miss on until 3/4 of the way through the downswing. That moment between impact and looking up to see, heartbroken, where it’s gone awry, is one of the most exhilarating in sport.

8 Likes

I have my own question for all the candidates:

Rihanna or Beyoncé?

Seriously, I gotta pick one as my date to the rescheduled Met Gala. I can’t decide.

2 Likes

Rihanna? Have you no respect for Li Roy?

3 Likes

Droits du seigneur my friend.

Surely you could take Elizabeth Hurley or Kate Beckinsale, no?

1 Like

Cad is WAY too old for Kate Beckinsale.

3 Likes

There was some … unpleasantness with Kate a few years back. She won’t answer my calls. Totally not my fault. I genuinely thought the goat thing would be cool.

Hurley has VD. Everyone knows that.

2 Likes

Don’t tell me these things. I don’t want to know this!

1 Like

How have we made it this long?

1 Like