Rank em: PGA Tour events you care least about

Will have to disagree, there is a fair share of tournaments out there that have great 1 v 1 match play portions (US Am, Mid-Am, etc.). Having just one match play event on the calendar isn’t the end of the world and overall, is a good thing. We don’t need more 72 hole, stroke play tournaments. There is a reason Zurich has been a relative hit and why the Euro Tour continues to shake it up.

I may be in the minority but I think the pool play format has been an improvement. Those 64 man brackets can get real boring, real quick if big names drop on day 1. It’s not perfect though, as other ideas could enhance the event further.

I attend the Honda whenever I can, so I’m keeping that. I don’t care if it’s CT Pan over Richy Werenski in a playoff - viva la Bear Trap!

1-5. Any Tour stop in California, and in particular, the Bay.
6. Valero Texas Open - snore.
7. WGC Matchplay - Pools ruined it.
8. AT&T - I used to love this. But now they just go through the motions, and now you can sandbag and win the Am!
9. Valspar - if I want to watch swamp golf I’ll cross the street, thanks.
10. The Traveler’s. Why?

Do you really care about the US Am or Mid-Am? How many holes of these events did you watch? Can you remember the final 2, or final 4, of both tournaments from last year off the top of your head?

They aren’t bad tournaments and I wouldn’t change the format of either. Its just hard to really care about them.

I’m not saying that the WGC Match Play is the end of the world. I just don’t care about it. Its hard to watch and get into it. I’d rather watch a stroke play event over an individual match play tournament.

1. Everything between the US Open and the British Open. One big snooze.

I don’t mind the April-May stretch because I go to the Zurich every year, and I think the fields at the Dallas events are pretty decent. Plus, you have the Players and the Memorial thrown in there.

Anything that isn’t The Masters or British Open

My interest level is almost entirely based on time of year rather than quality of tournament. I absolutely LOVE golf from Hawaii through the Masters. It’s cold and dark outside. It’s warm and sunny and scenic on TV. With the exception of the CareerBuilder (weak field, NFL playoffs) and Houston (ready for Masters), I watch the hell out of those tournaments.

Between the Masters and US Open I barely watch any golf. I always end up with something to do during the Players. I’ve probably never watched a minute of Zurich. Between going outside, yard work, playing golf, watching NBA/NHL, I’m checked out except for majors through the British. Those tournaments are pretty bad anyway - I get the sense the players don’t care as much at this time of the year anyway - they’re into the majors.

Then I get bored of yardwork and start watching golf again and I actually really like the playoffs. So, for me, there’s about 10 tournaments between the Masters and British that I really don’t care about at all.

There’s only one Dallas event. The other is in Fort Worth.

You mean you don’t remember Andrew Landry holding off Trey Mullinax down the stretch at Valero? That’s as compelling as it gets on a golf course.

I stay in Dallas with family when I go to the Colonial, so I think of it as a Dallas event, but my apologies to Fort Worth. Either way, I think it’s a quality tournament.

It is a fight people from Fort Worth have to fight on a regular basis. We appreciate your apologies haha!

Colonial is a really fun course to walk, and typically does draw a strong field.

I’ve also heard there’s some decent scenery at Colonial every year

Not as good as at the old Byron Nelson (Las Colinas), but the scenery game is strong.

Gotta be the first month of the “wrap around” season in October/November. Tough to get excited for the Sanderson Farms and Shriners.

I like the addition of pool play, but I wish they’d do away with the ping pong ball selection process and create the matchups based on regular seeding. You get fewer weak groups this way. Doesn’t fix everything, but I think this would increase some excitement throughout.

Valero stinks and the greg norman design course they play(ed) it on very much stinks.

I can’t believe the Zurich hasn’t been mention yet. Props for trying with the team format but it stinks. The walk up music this year was cringe worthy.

I’m noticing a trend with TPC courses…

If the city and all the councils ever approve all details, the Tiger course in the south shore will be the Chicago home to something. Maybe even his tourney since it is going sponsor and homeless?

I watch Kapalua - The Masters. Then the Players, the US Open, The Open, and the PGA Championship. Once the Masters rolls around, I really only care to watch the big events. I’ll watch the Women’s majors, the Irish Open, Scottish Open, US Senior Open, US Am, NCAA’s and other big events to fill the gaps of the PGA Tour.

1)FedEx St Jude
2) Sony
3) Honda
4) Valero
5) Firestone