Quicken Loans has turned into one of those events in recent years where I’m just like, meh, not that into it. Not a great field lately as Tiger and Rickie are the only consistent notable names who tee it up here, and I put more of my attention more into the French Open since they’ve tended to fall on the same week.
I ask this since there was a lot of talk from refugees about how the post-Masters hangover zapped a lot of us in terms of interest, so give me your Top 5 of PGA Tour events in the customary season that you care least about (everything between Kapalua and East Lake; the Fall Series events are a different breed of not paying attention to). Mine would be along these lines:
- Quicken Loans. See above.
- John Deere. Don’t care to see -30 finish in 2nd place, and I put all my focus into the Scottish Open.
- Byron Nelson. TPC Four Seasons bored the hell out of me in the past. Field is never that stellar. Trinity Forrest was cool it’s just the setup killed it.
- Valero. Awful field, peak of the post-Masters hangover, and playoff hockey is on.
- CareerBuilder. Another terrible field, hate the ultra-low scoring, and goes right up against the NFL’s Conference Championships on Sunday. I forget this event exists.