Premier League/International Soccer

I write this as I watch my beloved Liverpool dispose of Huddersfield. Been following since 2005 when Champions League was the only thing that we had broadcast in the states. I fell in love with Liverpool watching their comeback in the finals and haven’t look back since. Probably watching about 90% of their games live or on a social media silenced DVR delay since that time and even made it over the pond for a game a few years back.

3 Likes

user name says it all

6 Likes

*Emirates

2 Likes

Chelsea fan. Became a fan when they came and played the MLS all-stars in 2006. Had not heard of the Premier League before that, so don’t give me shit for being a Chelsea fan. Frank Lampard immediately became my favorite player. Jose Mourihno will always be the special one to me, I will NEVER forget John Terry slipping in Moscow in '08, the 2012 Champions League, Ramires v Barcelona (fucking brilliant ball from Super Frank) and the Drogba header to level the final in Munich. I once sent the dust jacket of Frank Lampard’s "auto"biography to the Cobham training facility with a sticky note saying “autograph here” and got it back a month later signed.

4 Likes

Delete the thread. Soccer sucks.

1 Like

My guy. Beautiful stadium, visited it in 2017.

1 Like

“it’s too boring” “not enough scoring” “they act like little babies when they get hit”

1 Like

Eloquent

Yup, Nottingham Forest supporter. Not the prem thanks to years of mismanagement, but maybe someday soon. Will support Liverpool when watching the prem, but mostly neutral.

Played at a good level and now coach at the college level.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Big Arsenal fan here, unfortunately

4 Likes

Figured I would get out all the usual reasons for not liking soccer lol

1 Like

Womens soccer is cool, much purer game IMO

1 Like

Bigtime Liverpool fan here

3 Likes

Straight up big-dicking Huddersfield right now

Yup. Gonna be a giant Burnley fan Sunday. The worm eater needs to get a draw for me

Saw something today that in each of the last 5 or 6 seasons Burnley has beat the defending champ…

1 Like

It’s legitimately a great game. I love women’s soccer.

Women’s soccer, women’s tennis. Love love love

Women’s hockey (no checking), lacrosse, and softball are a joke. Why did they have to change the game to “accommodate” women? Women should be playing baseball, not softball. Let the women check in hockey. Skirts in lax? Come on now

1 Like