Possible West Michigan Refugee Event 2022? Are you in or are you in?

I wouldnā€™t expect to much in terms of help from Arcadiaā€™s staff outside of telling you what tee times they have available.

Word has it they wouldnā€™t work with a very popular golf company weā€™re all really familiar with for one of their flag ship productions.

1 Like

Yeah now that you bring that up I will look for other options as well, to see if there is a deal to be had out there. Might try to check out Tullymore and St Ives

Just going to bring it up since it was mentioned in the original post. Iā€™m in a group that goes up to Treetops every June, we usually have about 32 guys. Weā€™ve done comparisons to all of the other multi-course resorts in the state, and no one comes remotely close to being as cheap as Treetops. The RTJ ā€œMasterpieceā€ course stinks, but the Fazio is fun and the two Rick Smith courses are fair, plus they have the Threetops course that can always be thrown in, especially as a tie breaker.

Just throwing it out there. Not the most memorable place by any means, but when it comes to outings you probably wonā€™t match the budget and logistics anywhere else.

2 Likes

Any updates on this guy @yungbunzz ?

I have been in contact with someone from Tullymore about playing Tullymore and St Ives. I think we could get a banging price for those two great courses and they are not terrible far from Grand Rapids so there would be plenty of other golf available, places to stay, and restaurants. I am deciding on if I should keep it for next year or push it one more year since @Double_Bogey_Dave has been throwing so many cool meet ups and events at me for next year.

1 Like

Fair play! Iā€™d love to help in any way possible, whenever it happens.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Iā€™m down in the Kzoo area, about an hour south of GR. Definitely interested in this event when it happens

2 Likes

Okay awesome I know exactly where KZOO is. I may change just location of the event just because of willingness of certain courses to work with me.

1 Like

For those of you from West Michigan Please weigh in. I graduated from Grand Valley State University and absolutely loved the Meadows course there. I was thinking of maybe booking that course on Saturday/Sunday and booking Diamond Springs after the NLU boys played there the other day. I absolutely love Diamond Springs and its a hidden gem. Small greens and always in great shape. I would also maybe recommend Macatawa golf club in Holland (Where I grew up) or The Ravines (Arnold Palmer design in Saugatuck). Let me know your thoughts. I could also keep pursuing Tullymore and St Ives.

Not in the area currently but would absolutely come back. For me itā€™s Diamond Springs or bust. Great pub (Bunker Hill grill and chill) just down the road for post golf festivities

Edit: Iā€™m an idiot and misread the message and you have Diamond in for one day already. GVSU or the Mines day 1 would be awesome

1 Like

Yes that is great. Well its settled I will work on Diamond Springs one day and the Meadows another day or anybody wanna do 36 in a day? Or we could do 36 in one day and 18 another and have Diamond Springs, the Meadows, and the Mines

1 Like

I can do 36 or whatever the plan is

Edit: playing macatawa at the end of this month and will report back on it

Yeah my friend used to work there when we were in high school and itā€™s a great course.

1 Like

Iā€™m in Holland and good with whatever you cook up. New ownership at Macatawa can be difficult to deal with at times (also own Ravines) so maybe go to them as last resort if you strike out with the others.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got connections to try to make those work.

2 Likes