Possible West Michigan Refugee Event 2022? Are you in or are you in?

Hello Ladies and Gentleman. So I grew up in Holland, MI and only recently moved down to NC and have met some amazing and great people through the refugee in NC. I really am looking at doing a road trip with some NC people up to Michigan. As most people don’t know Michigan has some fantastic golf courses, and I am pretty sure I read somewhere they have the 3rd most courses as a state in the country. I would love to take a group up North to maybe play Arcadia, Forest Dunes and the Loop, or Treetops. I also know if we did that it would end up being pretty expensive. So for a refugee event I am looking at more towards Grand Rapids. There is a ton of stuff there and it is a great location. There are some really nice courses around there and even a little more west in Holland where I grew up. If there is interest in this at all please let me know. I just want to get some interest from people and see if I should plan something for 2022 or possible 2023. Thanks for reading and any input is very much appreciated.

7 Likes

Do you know about Maxamania, @yungbunzz?

Hey, @JBors, @Lazstradamus, is there any room for @yungbunzz? Yungbunzz, tell us about yourself. I mean, aside from your young bunzz, about which I think we already understand your position.

2 Likes

Live in the Holland area, @yungbunzz. If you find yourself up this way shoot me a note and maybe we can sneak a round in.

3 Likes

There is room for @yungbunzz. We would welcome the bunzz with open arms.

@JBors @anon47037505 I would love to play in the event with you guys, but this year and that time just doesn’t work for me. I am actually having some friends from MI come down that time to play some golf in NC.

I’m in GR so depending on the date I’d try to make it work.

2 Likes

Headed to Holland in august with the fam for a week. Excited to check out the area.

1 Like

I live in Grand Rapids so I would definitely be interested hopefully the date you select I could make work.

2 Likes

Also a GR resident here and would love to play locally or up north if schedules work out. Lots of great golf in both areas of MI.

3 Likes

I’m in Detroit and would definitely travel to Grand Rapids for an event

4 Likes

Totally in for a Michigan type thing! I’m in the Detroit area.

4 Likes

Played my first event yesterday. You can count me in!

2 Likes

I’m in Fort Wayne and am definitely making the trip up. I’ve mentioned before but Stoatin Brae is simply divine and needs to happen there. Island Hills was a pleasant little treat

2 Likes

It appears there is great golf to be had no doubt. Was in Ada all weekend and you can tell the golf has to be good in that area of the world.

Also, yes. I’m in for when ever what ever this ends up being. If we incorporate camping into this is could be really epic.

4 Likes

So after consideration and help from @TheHonChiefJustice I think I will try to set something up with Arcadia Bluffs. Deciding on whether to just play the south course and give the option of people to play both if they want to. I have played both and the South course is something else to see. It is so much fun and a must play. What are your thoughts???

1 Like

The Bluffs when it sizzles bro! Honestly, I’ve been dreaming of making that trip; would be stellar to do it with a crowd of Refugees man. @yungbunzz You’re making all the right moves and I look forward to being a part of your adventure. I see Lake Life Vibes on Tap! I’ll make sure to bring my Grand Wagoneer.

https://youtu.be/xNWdVWhyrlc

1 Like

I’m bias toward fall in Michigan and cold weather, so a fall or early spring event would be incredible, but I’m excited for this no matter what.

2 Likes

I went during the end of summer fall and it was amazing. It was their prime time so the most expensive time. I’ll give them a call soon and see what we can work out logistic wise. Just so I can get an idea of time frame. But I am so excited for this. Gonna make it a road trip all the way from NC and play some fun courses on the way with some of the NC guys. So whoever wants to come.

1 Like

Very interested; I’m 2.5 hours away and generally have a lot of flexibility in my schedule.

Never played Arcadia. I’d be more than likely all about this. From Michigan, so willing to help if need be, granted I’m 4 hours away.