Pooch time -- brag about your Dogs

Two golden retrievers, Lucy, age 5 (on left) and Abigail, age 3. Had to get Abigail when Lucy washed out as a bird dog. Great nose but lazy. Sadly, they (like everyone else in my life) both love my wife far more than me. They just absolutely worship her – I’ve never really seen anything like it. Had Chesapeakes before and would never go back. So, so damned easy to train and friendly. Get super excited to play, and quickly calm down.

Who’s your best friend? Pics?

15747424_10211116017717193_3521818936481692_n

They love backpacking:

34 Likes

Aw shit now we talking… this is Cyrus a 4 year old staffordshire and my bff. This dude has ruined dogs for me haha gonna be hard to top him

19 Likes

OP your photos not working for me

Thanks; got it fixed. Great B&W of Cyrus (and solid dog name).

2 Likes

Nice! Look like some tired happy dirty dogs!

Post-fetch session pic, just before hosing them off. They stand in line to wait their turn to get hosed off. Pretty funny.

What breed are those guys? Love the eyes. . .

This is Dylan, or Big D as his known to his friends. Soft as and as thick as but a great lad who loves the golf course.

17 Likes

Fans of the Westminster Kennel Club show may recognize my Pomeranian Charlemagne (2015 runner-up in the Toy Group.)
(I don’t really have a dog yet. Will get one of these tho.)

3 Likes

Working on getting an English bulldog, need to convince the fiancé first

2 Likes

Amber, the English Working Springer.

Springer spaniels are the perfect dog.

9 Likes

My dude Zeus. Still thinks he’s a puppy although he is almost 90 pounds lol.

14 Likes

Ya need any ammo for the convincing, let me know. We are on our second one and absolutely love everything about them.

This is Arnie, our 8 month English Bulldog. He’s up to 50 pounds already and is a freaking unit. He enjoys chewing on golf clubs, naturally.

2 month old pic for comparison

13 Likes

I am in for this! Cilantro is our 4-month-old pup. Naturally, my wife has needed to buy an external hard drive for the last two month’s pictures.

17 Likes

What a good boy! Any rationale would be greatly appreciated, big fan of their whole persona

This is my girl Lucy. Mostly Lab and the rest of the mix we don’t know. Rescued her last March and life hasn’t been the same since. She has one of the best demeanors I have ever seen and has grown to be a real snuggley dog. My girl doesn’t want to admit it but she is definitely a daddy’s girl. Now that she is over a year, I might try the golf course training soon.

16 Likes

Your dog is too good for you. As is your s/o.

3 Likes

I never woulda pegged you as a Pom guy.

1 Like

Penny - Weaten Terrier

10 Likes

Raven the black lab

And Fonzie the Shih Tzu
IMG_7893

10 Likes