PNW RACDG Championship & NIT Local Qualifier - Sun., August 30th (Cle Elum, WA)

Don’t forget to hit up the sign-up sheet, @davidc

It’s all COVID-dependent. We’re supposed to play Chambers, Sand Point, and Gamble Sands the first week of August, while our kids go to summer camp together up there. Won’t know until July if plans are still on.

3 Likes

Looking forward to piling on the hurt at the championship - plenty of places I can ‘let my push cart get away from me’ on the slopes at Rope Rider & Prospector.

3 Likes

For sure, kind of a crap shoot right now. Holler if you need to fill out some groups! :sunglasses: (PNW Roll Call or however)

For sure. Hope to know by early July if the trip is happening.

2 Likes

Pinging everyone that has signed up so far… @I_have_the_yips @luckin11 @Mattyeds @Sarah @davidc @rabsie @KRApplebury @notjustinkaiser

FIRST MAJOR UPDATE:

Due to the Member-Member tournament moving to that weekend, we’re going to have to move it to Sunday, August 30th.

Additionally, the majority vote has decided that we are going to get 36 in for the PNW RACDG Championship.

If this date doesn’t work for you, or you can’t play 36, I’ll ask ya to remove yourself from the sign-up sheet.

The tee times I have saved at the moment are the 8am, 8:10, 8:20, and 8:30 at Prospector and the 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, and 2pm at Rope Rider, with the gap in-between for lunch and re-pairing if we want to do that. Obviously, I can adjust some things so we start at 1pm or something if we want to change that.

Lastly, @Tron, could you change the thread title so there isn’t a question mark and it reflects the date change to the 30th, please? With it in the NIT section, I’ve lost the ability to edit the title.

Cheers!

Sign-up Sheet:

4 Likes

Sorry Crew… Heading on a Family Vacation, Took my self off the List :frowning: I so wanted to play Suncadia

2 Likes

We’ll get back out there soon, no worries. Have fun on vacay! (post pics if you play any cool courses :wink:)

1 Like

I am in handicap purgatory, have a torn labrum and recovering shoulder dislocation, can’t break 80, but still a 0.1 index.

If I play with just seven clubs and no driver can I get strokes?

1 Like

Dude, no good. Fellow torn labrum victim here. No sugar coating…I’ve torn my meniscus (3x), my bicep, done an impingement clean-up, etc…the labrum was the worst. The recovery is just long.

Plan the surgery over the winter months? Makes the slow recovery slog a bit better knowing you aren’t missing much.

Also, my PT had a wedge in the office as some sort of tool he used with patients. During my labrum recovery (well into it), I grabbed it and started taking full swings behind his back. He caught me and the expression on his face was NOT a good one. Luckily, it felt great! He still wouldn’t release me to hit balls for another two months.

1 Like

You’ll have to talk to the Chair of our Handicap Committee, @MrVinegar206. Anymore recovery during the lockdown at least??

Also paging @cqueen, we haven’t played together in forever!

1 Like

You pinged?

Sounds like you shouldn’t be playing in this 36 hole day tourney! That would tear your shoulder apart!

Speaking of @cqueen, why hasn’t he signed up yet? And @inchmarlo?

I dislocated my shoulder April 12th. It popped back in itself. I walked home, poured myself a bourbon, and watched the rebroadcast of the 2019 Masters. Saw a doctor two weeks later, a surgeon a week after that, an MRI shortly after. Torn labrum, broken bone, and bruised my humerus so badly I actually flattened a portion of the rounded end.

Been playing the odd round with half swings (I can’t get my arm above parallel), seven clubs, and no driver because I don’t swing fast enough to compress it.

180 yards on my 7-iron is now 120, but still fun being out there. Haven’t gotten doctors opinion on playing, but relatively pain free if I clear my hips through impact (it was right shoulder). Stopping the body and flipping is when it hurts. Been doing rehab as instructed, going painfully slow, body is guarding the joint still. Learning a different game for now.

I do it for the love of a good walk. Even if spoiled by golf.

2 Likes

@davidc @luckin11 @Sarah @Mattyeds @rabsie @I_have_the_yips @notjustinkaiser

Added y’all to the tourney on Golf Genius today. I like to work ahead a lot :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@leric90 has registered :eyes:

2 Likes

hi guys!!!

3 Likes

How does one ask their wife to play in this when one just spent five days in gearhart then rented a house with a bunch of buddies to play the mid-am at McCormick Woods right before this event?

Asking for a friend.

1 Like

Sounds like I can sign you up! :grin:

Dont ask, tell. Girls like decisive guys. Definitely.

1 Like