PINZ Feedback Thread

GHIN answers:

• We are only pulling handicap data today. We get your index automatically. Stay tuned (and patient) for the full integration into GHIN so you only need to post once. On the roadmap.
  • Mr/Master/Your Highness Hitchings21: the main tip is to write large and not have many extraneous markings on the scan. I saw the scorecard you tried to scan. The 14 way nassau with 22 different trash designations was a weeeee bit busy. In this case, I would highly suggest you use the manual score entry - its pretty slick all based off par or bogey golf. I hope you won the $$$$ in that match tho’.
16 Likes

I would request a 1-time edit feature for a scorecard entry. First score I entered reset front 9 to all pars when I flipped between front/back and missed it until after posted. Understand editing could be misused, but also allows someone who screwed up to enter a correct score. @Shack

@awest2265 Good one and agree. You are our original beta tester. In the latest version we fixed that bug and have an edit feature. Thanks to you.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick response and yeah lots going on in that card, it was the only one I could grab quickly. To clarify though, is this to say if there are markings keeping track of side games on the card that the scanning won’t work ever?

Regarding scanning, possible to have a horizontal line on the screen showing where the app is looking for the scores? Like I said, the app says to place between green arrows, but all I saw on the screen was a “5”.

Also, I’m sure you’ve thought of this and maybe it does work, but will scanning support vertical scorecards?

Overall love the look and feel, and look forward to seeing where you’re able to take the platform.

For scorecards with the markings, its probably 75% / 25% in terms of working / not working. Par, birdie, bogey markings (eg squares, circles, etc.) don’t affect it much. Neither do dots. But multiple numbers in a box or size of numbers do affect it.

Vertical is coming soon. We used machine learning so that the system gets smarter with more cards. Had to start with horizontal first. I know all the high fallutin’ clubs have vertical cards, your highness.

5 Likes

Lol, thanks. As you can see, I belong to a club for the commoners with a horizontal scorecard.

2 Likes

You loving iPhone makes sense since you’re just a few years from switching to a Jitterbug. Easy transition!

4 Likes

6 Likes

Us Presidents Cup International guys just over here getting no respect…

1 Like

Is the intention that this can be used to do live scoring for tournaments at any point?

2 Likes

@TheMassHacker if this was you, game on!!

@Shack @ShanePINZ i need names

1 Like

soon my friend

1 Like

yes, down the road!

1 Like

Wait, I thought part of the reason we’re using the app is to score our events? Any timeline for live scoring?

2 Likes

How do we sign up? Just add our email to the early access thing? Sorry if I missed something.

Yes, use an email that you receive notifications with and your GHIN number. You will receive an email from us tomorrow at some point with your access code!

2 Likes

I think the initial point is to enable tournament brackets or large field events that don’t happen on the same course, sorta like the Grints Tours feature, but minus the rest of the Grints stuff, and with some communication features.

(I am assuming all of this based on screen shots, I’m an Android user so I won’t know until February

Done!

1 Like

UPDATE (first post edited with this info)

• GRINTERs - your WHS number works with PINZ. Keep it going.
  • North America focused. US today. Canada before the thaw (in process). We are working hard to get UK/Ireland on board soon (but no dates).
2 Likes

Shack from PINZ here.

Few details on the rollout of the ROOSTS on PINZ.

• PINZ will create the ROOSTS in PINZ. This will be done by the captain’s call on Thursday (tonight). So HOLD TIGHT.
  • Each ROOST captain will be made an admin of the ROOST club in PINZ.
  • Once you are an admin, you will be able to change the pictures, description, etc. It’s all you.
  • The ROOSTS in PINZ are private clubs. They are searchable but not joinable by the average population. You will need to invite each member to club using the three buttons on top right of club.
  • Alternatively, we will distribute a URL that will be tappable for anyone who has PINZ. I will take them straight to the club and let them join. These URLs will be distributed mid next week.

In addition, for the vision of PINZ, will address some of that on the call today. But, since you guys are masters of your own domain, we will be reaching out directly to you to understand what you are looking for from PINZ and we will work our a**es off to make sure the ROOSTS all have a great experience.

16 Likes