I’ve been going to Pinehurst every year since 2000 now. Made it down there a few times last year. Special place. All the Pinehurst resort courses are good. If you’re playing there and are playing #2, here’s what I would recommend…
- Warm up with a round on #1 or #3 first. Short courses, relatively, but good courses to get prepared for #2.
- Play the new 9 hole short course, The Cradle. Very cool layout and a lot of fun.
- Play #2. Take a caddie.
- #4 is my favorite course after #2 but that’s being renovated by Gil Hanse until October. Check out #8. Away from the main clubhouse but it was their “centennial” course designed by Tom Fazio. Really good course.
Off resort, my favorites courses are:
- Dormie Club
- Tobacco Road
- Mid Pines
- Mid South
Dinner, check out…
- The Deuce…relatively new restaurant/bar in the main clubhouse. Indoor and outdoor seating right behind the 18th green of #2. Buffalo wing sliders and their Old Fashioned are awesome.
- The Ryder Cup lounge at the Carolina Hotel.
- The Taven at the Holly Inn.
- The PInecrest Inn…their pork chop is money. Plus they have a great indoor chipping game good for some betting.
- Dugans Pub (in the village)
- Theo’s Taverna (in the village)
- And if you just want pizza, there’s a great pizza joint called Vito’s down Highway 5 beside the Food Lion.
Have a great time.