PGATOUR 2K21 Refuge Tour Tournament Thread *Season 8 is Live!* (Part 1)

I’ve debated ditching a club at the top end and adding in the Hogan 60* so that I have a 95 and 79 lob wedge. I also love the Hogan 215yd hybrid but have seen compelling evidence that the long irons stop a lot faster than a hybrid. They’re also not penalized as much out of the rough. Both of those things are backwards to real life but somehow true in this game.

I just found out while in the fairway you you can comfortably hit driver off the deck about 250-260 yds. This is a game changer since my 3 wood only goes 216.

1 Like

Still got room for one?

1 Like

If @kevjones makes it in, I demand he and @ajtwenty1 are on opposite teams, and have to play in singles, and it’s the determiner on who has the best calves.

3 Likes

Come on now…you’re shooting -47 in Young Hitters with the senior flex, mega offset clubs in the bag?

2 Likes

Found @ajtwenty1 and @MrCutHook out enjoying a stroll around Maverick Dunes last night. Pretty tough scene for one of those guis…

5 Likes
  1. This is blasphemous and slanderous as on 2 of 3 of those shots, I got up and down.
  2. The one I didn’t get up and down, from behind the tree, I was 100% goaded into taking that line off the tee by the course designer, and overall bad gui, @mctrees02. “You’re not going to use the fairway to the left? Come on, no laying up.” I hit it, and immediate laughter of, “you can’t reach that fairway in this wind”.

Also, I finished second in the competition, so I wasn’t the biggest loser. Really looking forward to the rest of you getting to experience Maverick Dunes in total ejection conditions.

4 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one getting smacked around in Maverick Dunes practice rounds. Yikes.

1 Like

still not winning in YH. Gotta take every advantage.

Challenge accepted.

For comparison, I think New South Wales was the The Northern Trust. Maverick Dunes will be The BMW

1 Like

For reference, this is why the matchup of the calves is so critical. There can be only one…

@kevjones

@ajtwenty1

6 Likes

The greens at Maverick Dunes are DIABOLICAL! Holy smokes!

1 Like

Nice par.

1 Like

We need a new one for xbox… that we finish this time lol

2 Likes

If someone wants to take lead, I’m there for it. Might be easier to get players with the new game. I still have the original spreadsheet still.

Hesitant to start it myself, not sure if my ego can take another failed startup

2 Likes

You’re in.

We will take max 2 more to give us a full 12v12. Otherwise we will roll with 22 and just sit some guys out for team matches.

1 Like

Here’s a poll for an xbox event, if we get enough interest we can decide on captains and go from there. The matches we did play in the first attempt were a lot of fun (and streamed live for everyone’s enjoyment), so hopefully this can get off the ground.
You need xbox live for this btw

1 Like

Round 3 is… something.

I’m no course designer, but if you’ve got part of the green sloping at a a 40% grade, maybe it’s pointless to make it green, and just leave it as fairway.

1 Like

Might have been my worst putting round ever in round 2 at Maverick Dunes. To only shoot 1 better from the forward tees is a problem.

Time for a putter switch.

Great job on the design though @mctrees02

We might have to hire you to design The Duck Club.

1 Like