PGATOUR 2K21 Refuge Tour Tournament Thread * CHECK POST #8896 *

This is the 2nd time I thought I was going to win the Strapped B and then other guys start playing…Really gotta perform every round for the victory even or us guys praying to St. Rappeo B

2 Likes

Is there a way to make it a little “harder”? Not looking for pure ejection and craziness on this either.

For sure. In past seasons there have been some diabolical events. We like to mix it up a bit.

To add, the conditions for one of our last 4 events might end up being the toughest we have seen to date.

1 Like

Just wait until the end of season major. I’m not on the course setup committee but you may want to get some practice rounds in under very high wind conditions if you haven’t played the game in 15-20mph winds before.

The “best” way to up the difficulty would be some combo of turning up the swing meter difficulty, turning off distance assist and/or the putting meter. However, that could make things much harder for the lower levels.

Another option would be to split into two societies. Maybe something where C-Suite and Young Hitters play under pro/master w/o distance assist and the Strapped Boys get more handouts…because they aren’t too proud to take what help is offered to them. If we were to split it that way, I would want the putting meter open as that’s probably the biggest differentiator between the game we play and how they set things up on TGCT.

1 Like

Are you trying to employ the committee members full time here or what?

2 Likes

Guis, it has been 3 months and I think it is time to kick off our second team event on PS4, The Refuge President’s Cup.

Since we have a new game I will open the poll back up to see who wants to play and go from there.

1 Like

3 Likes

The scores were definitely out there in round 2…

1 Like

#2 though, amirite? That devilish little par 3 was super hard.

4 Likes

Pin placement was brutal too in the bottom right corner. Left my chip short and two putted.

EDIT: Just bogeyed it again in round 3… bastard hole

1 Like

Los Angeles CC should play pretty difficult; Carnoustie will be tough. We can re-assess bumping the swing difficulty to pro after this first season if scores continue to be low.

2 Likes

Every single time I get suckered into trying to hit it over the dune and you know what happens?..I don’t make it.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one who was miffed by that hole. Every round I hit the green only to roll off the back in nearly the same spot. Almost impossible to hold that green with a 5i/4h!

2 Likes

That last round with the wind was really tough. -17 through 3, even on R4.

Just checking - I don’t seem to have points for event 3 in Strapped B in the points list - is there something else I should do?

Couldn’t make a putt in round 3… bogey free -3 through 17… Then double bogeyed 18 after trying to hit a 3 wood out of the fairway pot bunker. 71 there is like 5 or 6 over par.

This may have been covered elsewhere, what happens if we miss one or two tournaments? I got Bottany Bay done last night, moving out of our place this weekend with no definitive closing date on our house (NC State Govt blaming Covid for home grown ineptitude). Will be in limbo for the next week or so I guess, may get a chance to plug in the Xbox somewhere, but maybe not. I’m certainly not in the running for the Champions tournament, am I just gonna miss out on points? How will the demotions work (I’m not getting promoted)?

@Shetlander, it’s fixed now. Forgot to format the cells for the new additions.

1 Like

@CLTReid You’ll just miss out on points. Demotions are based on strokes gained and the judgement of the competition committee, not points, so missing events won’t impact that.

1 Like

The one thing I’ll add is if we have any players who only played 1 or 2 tournaments then they will likely be removed from the tour and have to come back through qualifying. More often than not they’ve stopping playing anyways, but it at least allows us to appropriately balance each flight between seasons.

1 Like

Cool deal, I’ll try and get them done if I get a chance. I did play a round at Maverick Dunes last night, that place kicked my ass. I also finally bought the SIM driver rather than the SIM Max, 23 yards further is no joke