PGA 2K23 Refuge Tour - Info Post #9014 - S22 Begins 5/14

How did I play worse in this event than last week?

I didnā€™t love this course but so far the flights are actually representing scores that should be in the flights so is it maybe the best course weā€™ve ever played?

6 Likes

I cannot begin to explain how excited I am for the new playoff format this year. Almost a guarantee that something wacky will happen and it blows up in our face.

Canā€™t wait!

3 Likes

Did I pick a good week to qualify? Think I lipped about 20 putts across the three roundsā€¦

Whatā€™s the new playoff format. Search is not helping.

Itā€™s a surprise!

If people actually give a shit about it, it will be a major improvement.

What I will say is there will be no demotion/promotion element to playoffs (this will be done by overall SG). Only top players (3-5) from each flight will qualify.

1 Like

9 Likes

Already sandbagging. Youā€™ll fit right in.

1 Like

Also Iā€™m thinking top 3 make the playoffs from each flight. This will make more sense later.

Fun course, @mvpmanatee. I think there will be a big advantage to guis who know how to work balls into slopes and into the wind to keep from rolling out into the rough. Huge advantage to being in the fairway. Super frustrated by the big false fronts, but you just need to be precise and be able to get over the hump and stop the ball to get it close. I thought the greens were really fair, and didnā€™t see many pins where you could run one 30 feet by the hole. Bunker placement was really effective, and guis who will show a little restraint and not try to bomb everything will be rewarded. I loved the drivable four on the back, especially the round three pin. Just missed the green right and had a good shot at a chip in for eagle. Chipped it past the hole and off the green, then chipped in from the other side for birdie.

Short par three on the back was a tough pin in round three, and if youā€™re not adept at using hooks and fades was probably a little unfair. Iā€™m not a huge fan of having no intermediate cut, and having deep rough just off the fringe, but if you miss in the right spot, itā€™s not a huge disadvantage. And this isnā€™t a course criticism, but hopefully in the next game they find a way to make shadows less annoying on greens. Itā€™s almost like playing without a green grid on some holes.

4 Likes

I just need to be demoted about 3 flights. Give me my own personal LOSER flight

3 Likes

Anyone have 2K21 with Switch and another console? Iā€™m wondering how it compares.

I have it with switch and PC. Iā€™m in testing right now. I absolutely have zero control over my Xbox controller on pc but an fairly decent with the switch. Just got a new controller to try out. Will report back after the coming event this week. Overall they seem to be fairly similar other than the controller discrepancy.

I almost impulse bought a Switch last night. I feel like I need one simply because the Switch is more portable and could make it on some flights/trips with me.

1 Like

I travel a bunch for work and love it on flights. Zelda, Super Mario Odyssey, Golf Story are some of my favorites.

The screen on the new OLED one is pretty great, and working through the back catalogue of switch exclusives is as good as ever

1 Like

Hell of a week @dfbuzzbeater! Impressive stuff.

2 Likes

8 Likes