PGA 2K23 Refuge Tour - Info Post #9014 - S22 Begins 5/14

You haven’t read all 12,000 posts? Shame! Shame! Shame!

3 Likes

In round two’s east wind, I figure feast on the front nine, hang on for dear life on the back. I played a practice with SE wind and thought I was ready. Had a NE wind for the entirety of my second round, so 90 degree difference, totally fucked up my front nine strategy. Then played 12-16 on the back in six under. So man, you just never know. Also, just had the TVs hung today in the new house, so maybe that helped.

Gave @KyaKona a run in round three, but a found my first fairway bunker on the back nine par five and made par. Needed to birdie out from 15 on, and that tricky pin on 16 was my undoing. The Young Hitter @KyaKona showed up this week.

1 Like

Kinda makes me want to read the thread summary to see what was left out

Thread summary

Everyone: I’m in the wrong flight

@JBors: The flights are perfect. Stop messing with my spreadsheet!

You have reached the end of the summary.

15 Likes

The thread 1 summary would be super interesting. 10k posts into 100…

Does a 5-way tie for 7th that is also a 5-way tie for last count as a Top 10?

6 Likes

I’ve read about 10 summary posts so far and two things stuck out:

1. how many people involved in organizing the early seasons are no longer a part of the society. S/o to @FanFirst for handwriting out course lists. That was a cool find.

2. These posts from @anon43372372 and @MrCutHook

4 Likes

The original party rock flight - Strapped B is where it’s at.

[I never bought the new game, so bowed out]

Look at that @kevjones, at least we got a top 10 in C-Suite.

1 Like

All a part of the McLaren plan

My favorite is that @Mitcharito nearly won season 1 YH, won season 2 YH, then disappeared only to reappear this season!

1 Like

I feel like I should be on Racing Point as much as I want to complain about the new rules this season making me look bad.

2 Likes

You gotta wear different shades of green like scummy ass Lawrence.

This is bullshit. The new settings favor the high rake golfers!

The Refuge Shadow league should be more like Thursday Night Men’s league. You’re too high society to go full RFFL though aren’t you?

2 Likes

I mean we play mostly adventure golf, par 3 and putt putt courses so I don’t think that’s very high society.

I like that you put a lot of time into researching the courses just so you could bring Nine Bridges to the masses. Thank you for your service.

2 Likes

Without Nine Bridges, none of us would even be here, and you’ll never convince me otherwise.

3 Likes

Without Nine Bridges, the Golden Age Classic would’ve never produced such long winded prose…

All of this talk of Nine Bridges makes me think of Seven Bridges, a real life course that as of two weeks ago is less than a ten minute drive from my home, but is also a course that is probably nearly as terrible as Nine Bridges (maybe 78% as terrible). It would take a lot of convincing, and probably outright bribery to get me to play there again.

1 Like

I have heard nothing but bad things about this course, and thus, have refused to play it.