PGA 2K23 Refuge Tour - Info Post #9014 - S22 Begins 5/14

3 Likes

Found this thread/league last night and got completely exposed by the settings. Currently sitting about +40 after two rounds.

4 Likes

The key to making putts is making putts

2 Likes

rickjames

1 Like

can anyone play this game on switch with swing timing? It’s impossible to get a fast that is inside the grey forgiveness zone

Wait. @Jeff_M I just realized as I teed off in my society round that switch is still sweetens for week 1

Wait, when did it change? This could be why I have such a commanding lead…

1 Like

Idk but the schedule says merion so I played my practice round there

Really hope the spreadsheet is correct bc i started fucking around and now sit +8 after originally being 1 over a few holes ago…might just wait for this to get cleared up

I’ll be sure to bring up this massive misstep on @Jeff_M’s performance review.

3 Likes

This calls for a salary reduction for sure

2 Likes

Wait you guys are getting paid?

Not a big deal on the Switch society, fire it up in a single player round and just duplicate the settings on the spreadsheet. We made the change last week but I should have paid more attention to make sure all the admins saw the change

cc @bonafide_slide @apmiller

3 Likes

Fun time with the idea that bogey is always lurking around the corner. I don’t think I am any better at putting either. This whole thing is a sham and directly set up for certain people to win. It feels like the legitimate PGA Tour.

1 Like

There’s an updated version of Brookline available with the correct routing and tournament objects and whatnot, if anyone is interested in following along this weekend. I’m a couple holes in right now and it’s good.

“TCC, Brookline (T) V2”

Apparently a tee got effed up on the first publish, so be sure to play V2.

5 Likes

Also can confirm that this course is legit. No lag issues.

I know it’s been said on here, but it needs to be repeated, do a swing calibration before you start this tournament.

I quit 5 holes into round 2 to do one, I was +10. Finished +7. Not spectacular but a hell of a lot better than the gong show that proceeded it.

Also I still suck at putting

1 Like

I like, and by like I mean hate, how on LIDAR courses the green grid is merely a suggestion of how the ball might break.

2 Likes

Yeah, the phantom break can be infuriating. I hope they can iron out some of the kinks with the new game but I think that will always be a side-effect of using lidar data.

1 Like

This is why I suck at putting. Glad to learn that I’m not the only one.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to get out of this glitch? Hit in the water on TGC Tours and it won’t reload or let me drop anywhere. Can’t take an unplayable or “skip hole”. I tried leaving the society and reentering but still no luck.