PGA 2K23 Refuge Tour - Info Post #8746 - S21 Begins 2/5

Can you confirm the settings? I don’t think it’s updated on the spreadsheet yet. Is it just the same as it was with swing timing on?

Yeah I haven’t got admin access to the sheet to edit that. But it’s the same except for Pro swing difficulty and swing timing ON

1 Like

Have to say, the PGA Tour pros suck. Had a case of the red fasts and still shot 61 at TCC. The fact that there was very little wind is a non-factor.

For real though, I hope in the next game there can be some sort of actual fescue type grass implemented, rather than it just being a visual thing and you can hit out of it no problem.

3 Likes

Maybe that’s why Morikawa is hitting a draw. Just a case of the fasts.

3 Likes

Has he tried going to the range and working on his swing timing calibration? Only takes ten shots to dial back in allegedly

3 Likes

Missing scores from quite a few people

@jaytarbzzz
@Zubeydoo
@pgwel3
@Jrembold
@mkiller1022
@tchap80
@elgrandepal
@apmiller

I’ll go get murdered when i get home from breakfast. You’ll get your scores

Finishing my rounds currently

I’ll finalize and update things later this evening. Just something to keep in mind moving forward, events are open for several days, in the game they technically start on Monday nights since the game runs off GMT, and they will all end Sunday nights. I’ll usually make the weekly updates on Monday, ideally we have all scores entered in the sheet by Sunday night when the event closes. Just make sure to communicate to your team principals if there is an event you can’t play.

Last call for scores, team totals are final in an hour

@jaytarbzzz
@smahon87
@Enorma-Stitts
@theKOS2
@JohnP

What post is link to new Sheet?

Post 6792 but for convenience here it is

1 Like

Did we ever get an updated settings menu for the new season?

I haven’t been able to edit the spreadsheet tabs since it’s locked but everything should be in the info post in this thread. I’ll see if I can get admin access to the sheet and get it all fixed up.

The only things that changed are swing difficulty to Pro, and swing timing to ON. Everything else stays the same

1 Like

Thank you sir!

1 Like

Sorry forgot to post my final round cause it was so shitty.

I’d advise still posting all rounds for anyone else out there as it will factor into your handicap and potential flight movement.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure failing to post a round because you’re playing shitty is an automatic promotion.

6 Likes

5858 - WEEK 1 UPDATE

First, it is clear that swing setting changes have impacted scores, some more than others. This first season with the change was always going to be a bit of a cluster, but flights will be re-worked based on strokes gained after event 3, and again after event 6. This will ensure everyone is in the flight where they will be competitive. Echoing @JBors, it is in your best interest to post scores for events if you can even if you’re not on a team. Remember we have an individual title to go for as well.

In the Constructor’s standings, it is Red Bull starting strong out of the gate, and Haas and Ferrari round out the podium. As flights re-align and team rosters are mixed up it will be interesting to see if RB can hold on. Things are looking tight in the midfield, should be a good season.

Individual flight winners:

• Young Hitters: @dfbuzzbeater puts a bit of a beatdown on the YH flight, and based on scores the new settings may have brought a handful of new contenders into the ring.
  • C-Suite: @Juice ties for low score of the event, I will be curious to see if this performance is sustainable
  • Strapped: @bonafide_slide with a very respectable score and a convincing 4 shot win
  • LPCP: @JBors, an expert of flight manipulation as always
  • Misc Hitters: @serwin comes through as the only player under par in the Misc Hitters flight, well played.

Welcome to new qualifiers @beetle805 and @TGray, you have been flighted according to your scores from this event.

We are on to the Steamshovel Open where a probably more forgiving setup awaits after the tough confines of Merion. 5858.

10 Likes

1 Like