Peoria Korn(Kan) Ferry Tour Qualifier - TBD 2022 - (Also a Busch Light Mega-Thread)

1/27 UPDATE: NOW AN OFFICIAL NIT QUALIFYING SITE!!! (# OF QUALIFYING SPOTS TBD)

If you’ve ever wanted to roam the fairways once inhabited by the Strapped boys and the Narc, this is your chance! We’ll be reloading the Strapped Peoria experience at two of the courses featured in the series.

We are currently going through the vetting process to become an official 2021 NIT qualifying site and will let you know when it becomes official and how many qualifying spots we will be granted. Qualifying will be conducted during only the Saturday round at Lick Creek GC.

If you are interested, please sign up using the attached Google Sheet so we can get a feel for numbers. More info to come as we get closer to the event. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Peoria this Summer!

MAIN EVENT:
When: Saturday, July 10th - Tee times beginning at 10:00AM
Where: Lick Creek GC (Pekin, IL)
Format: Standard individual NLU quota game
Cost: $125 includes greens fees, lunch, player gift, charity donation and awards
Charity: Tee it up! For the GFPD which benefits the Global Foundation for Peroxisomal Disorders. This is a charity that is near and dear to one of our local Central Illinois Refugees (@tchap80) and we are thrilled to be able to give to the cause. http://www.teeitup4gfpd.com/

There will a casual get together after Saturday’s round at Country Club BBQ in Peoria with @phegs32’s golf simulators available at no charge! For those unaware, CCBBQ is a full bar and restaurant with two golf sims upstairs. Fully expect to then take a stroll down Farmington Road for a nightcap at legendary Jimmy’s Bar.

OPTIONAL SUNDAY-FUNDAY BONUS ROUND:

When: Sunday, July 11th - 10:00AM Shotgun start
Where: Madison GC (Peoria, IL)
Format: Scotch Foursomes (teams to be determined via blind draw on Saturday night)
Cost: TBD - Will be paid on-site Sunday
Note: Expect some fun contests around the course, including something we’ll just refer to as “Icarito’s Revenge” for now

@phegs32 @tchap80 @djpie @Tron @Randy @MerchCzar @Soly @sundaybag @Double_Bogey_Dave

22 Likes

1 Like

Trying to join. The spreadsheet requires permission access

Paging @phegs32

1 Like

Fixed

Sentence

Jumped in the sheet. Live in Virginia, but will likely be at my folks lake house in Indiana the week before for the 4th.

3 hours seems like a reasonable drive.

3 Likes

Apologize for the delay on the spreadsheet. Forgot to change the sharing settings. Should be a full send going forward.

1 Like

This is the same weekend as my anniversary with my GF.

I’ve already tried breaking up and getting back together so our anniversary is today, no dice.

6 Likes

I have literally always dreamt of personally reenacting the YouTube-series-quality antics of a former accountant turned podcaster and his college roommate’s Ivy League linebacker of a little brother who left Google for said podcast on municipal golf courses in Central Illinois, so this is right up my alley!

Jokes aside, I am massively pumped for this.

7 Likes

As a Peoria native now living in Cincy, I am so thrilled that P-Town is such an NLU presence. Sounds like I’ll be making a trip to see my folks in July this year!

2 Likes

Truly a small market team with big market dreams.

2 Likes

Likely in, a sub 3 hour drive is an easy sell… Will know more as we get closer.

3 Likes

Way in.

34 Likes

Trading in winter coats and hats for tshirts and shorts

3 Likes

I find myself in the midst of a serious scheduling conflict.

6 Likes

Excellent! I was hoping to hit an event this year within driving distance.

2 Likes

@nickg43

Road trip

2 Likes

Signed up, can’t wait!

3 Likes

Long time lurker, first time poster, I’m here for it.

7 Likes

I love it! #getinvolved