Peoria Korn(Kan) Ferry Tour Qualifier - TBD 2022 - (Also a Busch Light Mega-Thread)

We walked it in college. Sucked then… the walk up to 15 tee would end me now.

3 Likes

So, any idea when this may be happening? Inquiring minds want to know! For once the school isn’t making us move, so we are planning actual ENJOYABLE trips this year.

1 Like

Full transparency: the event is on life support.

Between creating a Summer youth basketball program in my community that starts in June and also moving that month I just don’t have time to put any effort behind it. I know @phegs32 is short on time also.

If someone local wants to salvage it, I’d be more than willing to pass the torch. I’m honestly not sure where our little event fits in anymore with the labyrinth that is the Roost system.

4 Likes

I’ll be all in to help plan next year.

And events don’t have to have anything to do with roosts. I’m sure many (most) will but can also just be a refuge event.

2 Likes

I’ve got a lot on my plate as well, but if anybody else wants to try and tag team it I’m willing to jump in and do whatever I can

2 Likes

This makes me sad, but I 100% understand and empathize. @kevjones and @phegs32 put on an incredible event last year that was my in-person introduction to the Nest/Refugee community. It was so welcoming & made such a positive impression on me that it played a significant role in proposing that we put on a similar event this year in the Birthplace of Strapped. Hopefully the Peoria event is able to be salvaged this year, but if not, I will still probably take a few days off work in July to head down to P-Town & play the courses again, hit up Country Club BBQ (and the dive bar down the street where @jsauce, others & I saw some dumpy old dude try to hook up with multiple members of the same family) & get the full P-Town experience. However, if Korn (Kan) Ferry 2022 does not happen and folks are looking for the closest alternative on the NLU schedule; definitely consider visiting Des Moines & the Iowa State Fair this August (Iowa Strapped: Bolt to the Bud Tent Blowout--August 12-13, 2022 - SIGN UP in Post 82). I don’t know if it can live up to the bar set by Strapped Peoria Redux or if it will be a NIT Qualifier, but it’s sure to be a good time with plenty of Busch Light, tricky flyover country greens & the notorious Iowa State Fair where the people watching is second to none.

9 Likes

Many people are saying @kevjones doesn’t even play golf anymore. He dropped the sticks for the life of a full-time youth sports chauffer. It’s not much, but it’s an honest way to make a living. Rumor has it he couldn’t stand having to make birdie-net-pars just to register a T34 in his own NIT Qualifier anymore. That kind of thing can drive a man insane.

11 Likes

Nobody gets me quite like you, @BabblingBrooksKoepka.

2 Likes

@kevjones said it best. Life is getting in the way right now. If anyone wants to take the reigns, please get a hold of us. I can help with the behind the scenes activities leading up to the event and set up dinner at CCBBQ Saturday night. Might even be able to play one day. Tough to be fully involved right now but would love to see the event stay alive.

5 Likes

UPDATE: We’ve been notified that the Bolt to the Bud Tent Blowout needs 40 entrants to become a NIT Qualifier & we’re currently at 35, so if you’d like to join us in Central Iowa in August, please feel free to sign up.

3 Likes

Such a solid event name

2 Likes

17 Likes

7 Likes

If any fellow Midwestern folk are still in search of opportunities to make it to Jax Beach in November; I got the Official word tonight that “Return to the Birthplace of Strapped” will qualify 1 NIT spot. We are still determining who will get said NIT spot if the qualifier is shanked in the Bud Tent at the Iowa State Fair by an angry Eastsider hopped up on crank.

3 Likes

It’s planning these kind of details that are the difference between a good event and a great event.

2 Likes

Was this before or after the @DrJ relocation announcement???

4 Likes

I think he put us over the top, honestly.

3 Likes

Had to be before the announcement. I don’t bring much to the table.

Haven’t heard it called “crank” in a long time!

1 Like

Same, its totally a 90s term, but I heard it recently on an old episode of COPS and had to use it.

2 Likes