Ontario match play challenge presented by The Duck Club

Welcome (well, not quite… thanks Ford) the the 2021 Ontario Match Play presented by The Duck Club. Huge thanks to @newballcoach for getting this rolling, and thanks to everyone who got back to him with interest.

Figured its time to get a thread rolling to keep the ongoing conversation from overrunning the OG Duck Club conversation. I’ll throw some tags in to alert the players I know signed up - if anyone else is keen, hit the link and get involved!

@anon15484665 @bordercity @Phillongbird @cfrench @scottyrp4 @alhunter @1Goodman @ParParTriple @lucasfriesen

9 Likes

Creating posts to pump those threads created numbers eh @duncmitchell?

The PIP admin panel is monitoring the situation.

9 Likes

@jimmay @thesaxemachine @BigtimePolecat @noslenod @tniloc @scottsimonsays @MattWardAus

I think this is all I saw had signed up - @newballcoach hit the @s if I missed anyone.

Early polling says we’ll do a small nominal fee to play to fund prizes - we’re thinking fancy alignment sticks just to wind up @BigtimePolecat… I kid, I kid.

5 Likes

My first ever topic! Cherry officially popped. I actually feel scummy - Kev did all the work planning. Colin just gave it a bump in TDC thread and I had some down time…!

3 Likes

I fully support this move! I was too chicken to create being new and only a participant, not organizer/helper.

2 Likes

Still at 19 signups. I think the plan is to do a round robin. Looks like we’ve created 5 groups, so I’ll come up with some thoughts on how to get down to the finals that keep it equitable. Also in the interest of time.

We may do an at large bid (determined entirely by PIP points) and then play down from 6. Or do some sort of quota game qualifier for the finals. We’ll crowd source it.

3 Likes

So excited to play some meaningful golf and to come up with creative excuses for why I lost.

4 Likes

I have a rolodex already to go, my gui.

2 Likes

Anyone who has signed up for this should have received two emails from me today.

I love sending emails. I’ll fill your inbox like MJ fills the rim. Bring it on

5 Likes

You’re all my enemy now @duncmitchell @bordercity @Phillongbird

5 Likes

Tough scene here - @thesaxemachine told me we were friends off at the Tussle, and now this?

Let’s fucking GO. I’m ready for you fools. Especially after this weekend - I’m up an extra stroke on my 'cap.

3 Likes

Luckily for me, my cap is sure to begin rising soon. I’m a 5 trapped in a 2 because of our terrible overlords.

2 Likes

The real Duck Club is the friends you lost along the way.

4 Likes

Friends lost in migration

4 Likes

oh wtf

3 Likes

Going 94-90-90-92 won’t help, I guess.

1 Like

I feel like the tussle was a way to butter us up for the match play by @duncmitchell

6 Likes

He did so much glad handing and cap management just to lull his opponents into thinking they’d be fine.

3 Likes

When the warnings came in from @thesaxemachine and @noslenod early Saturday morning, I knew I had to negotiate for the afternoon

4 Likes

You could given me 5 on the back and there was no saving me….!