OATW Match Play - 2024 Edition - Rules post 1864 and in the spreadsheet

I wasn’t there for this last match but have played twice this year. Both times it was in fantastic shape. Course is a beast.

1 Like

Ok update, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to postpone our match from today until Saturday the 25th in the early AM. And moving from Shawnee to Ellsworth Meadows.

4 Likes

@golf4miami i got past ryan palm 4&2 over at Erie Shores. Not the must illustrious track but it played firm and the winds today made it interesting. I scrambled like a madman, I had somewhere in the ballpark of three squirrels throwing balls back into play, and I dodged a few super close missed putts from @ryan.palm early on to squeeze by. A great evening for golf and enjoyed the company.

4 Likes

It was great fun @jack67 - really enjoyed the company…that wind was tricky and took me 16 holes to finally get hang of greens not holding despite being soft underfoot - but agreed - a very enjoyable evening. Only saw one instance where a group drove their cart onto a tee box to save some steps. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Old Erie shores. Haven’t heard that name since high school. I can’t even remember the course it’s been so long since I’ve played there.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your next match is up against @flanwilder.

1 Like

Congrats to everyone who won their first elimination match. We’re officially down to our Sweet 16!

@OhioStateBrady vs @dkoller
@tmck14 vs @methridge
@WellingtonGolf vs @BoomBaby812
@UncleDrew vs @jgolf1

On the top half of the bracket.

4 Likes

Then on the bottom half we have:

@cwb19 vs @Livi
@Twowaymiss vs @Browcoww77
@quicktempo vs @nohio
@flanwilder vs @jack67

4 Likes

@jack67 @nohio way to represent the pod. Well done guis. Makes me feel better about not advancing.

2 Likes

Got my match w/@BoomBaby812 for Wednesday. Will post either a flowery, or totally butt-hurt write-up that evening!

6 Likes

Well, here comes my butt-hurt post.

@BoomBaby812 Started the day going 2 down thru 2 before battling his dick off, including winning 3 holes w/3-putts, and grabbing a win w/a triple on a par 5.

To be fair to him, he played a nice round of golf, was very steady and didn’t give me many opportunities after my opening onslaught, taking it 6&4. He even finished the round by going -2 on the last 6 (truly could’ve been deeper than that, we were both on a heater at the end). On to the quarters for him!

4 Likes

I got beat by @UncleDrew 2 up today

5 Likes

Great match with @tmck14 and our marker @Collya on Sunday. Tad and I traded blows on the front but it was anyone’s game at the turn with Tad 1up. He increased the lead to 2up with an effortless birdie on 10 and I didn’t think I had a chance. Tad continued to play well, but I got my shit together and won five of the next six holes, ending the match 3&2.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the reporting in!

Looks like @BoomBaby812 vs @UncleDrew is the first confirmed Quarter Final matchup.

5 Likes

@OhioStateBrady and @dkoller playing Beckett Ridge tomorrow and I’ll be their marker. Things are moving.

5 Likes

The whole top half of the bracket will be onto the Quarters after tomorrow then! That’s awesome news!

1 Like

Myself and @nohio playing early Saturday morning at Ellsworth Meadows in Hudson.

5 Likes

Currently coordinating to launch em with @jack67 next week as well

3 Likes

@quicktempo took the W this morning at Ellsworth 2&1! He received 7 pops and played those 7 holes in 1 over. He gave away a couple holes coming in but closed it out on 17 with a very comfy 3 putt par.
Good luck to @quicktempo and my pod-mate @jack67 going forward!

5 Likes

I definitely had those lined up well, and as I have done before, tried to let my opponent all the way back in. Ellsworth was awesome, I wish it was closer to my house. I’d be there all the time. It asks for a plethora of shots, and the practice facility looks really cool. So big thanks to @nohio for showing it off to me, and for a great match.

3 Likes